• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano in Portugal

NC10

Evening all,

I've seen a rendered image of Amanos project in Portugal, I just wondered if anyone had any info or real pictures of what's happening?

This is the only picture I've seen or can find:

imagejpg1_zps271c5fef.jpg

To be honest, if that's his plan then I'll be pretty disappointed. Instead of using the tank as a whole, he just seems to have stuck 5 separate scapes in really :thumbdown:

Last edited:
could have been so much more though.
We wont know until its actually planted, will be designed for maximum viewing rather than size. A giant tank would not be easy to plant in a nature style, there have to be compromises somewhere ;)

How accurate the photo is we don't know either, we will see when more photos start showing up, but being Amano I guess we wont see anything until it opens to the public.

I think the design is brilliant - the open areas are an opportunity to emphasize/observe different fish species & behavior, depending on size, some fish may never cross the between zones ...
but then I like triptych art that incorporates space.

I guess the upper visual sketch only demonstrate how the final look will hide the huge columns which exist in the tank.
That is a copy paste demo from earlier scape only for demo purposes. Would be impossible to create a real visual of the future look.
I look forward to that. :)

One thing i can say, they are doing heavy works there! I suppose they all need a good holiday after doing the tank.
I think it's supposed to end tomorrow!
Only in late April/May it'll be open for public.

Pedro.

I have seen a few Amano scapes were as it matures the "open space" takes on a dimension of its own,and complements the whole structure.This does look impressive even by his standards.

Back