• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

nano reef

If you do decide to build a reef tank, I'll be interested to follow your progress. Let us all know what forum you're using and hopefully you'll start a journal! I've had some progress in putting forward the idea of a second tank… but only a coral reef! Well, who am I to argue with that.:)

Doing a bit of research myself at the moment but it looks like an expensive business with an obsession with test kits and lighting.

If you do decide to build a reef tank, I'll be interested to follow your progress. Let us all know what forum you're using and hopefully you'll start a journal! I've had some progress in putting forward the idea of a second tank… but only a coral reef! Well, who am I to argue with that.:)

Doing a bit of research myself at the moment but it looks like an expensive business with an obsession with test kits and lighting.
I have to make some space for that Nano reef, so sadly 2 tanks (40 liter and 10 liter) have to go. I also want to rescape the 300 liter tank and give it a more natural look (amano style).
Lucky for me that I live in China and most things are very affordable. After a bit of research, I found indeed that water quality has to become an obsession....RO/DI installation is a must...test kits...light, different corals need different PAR....filter system (refugium, protein skimmer, calcium reactor....o_O:wideyed::dead::drowning:)...But nano reef is different than a 200 liter and up tank....just a lot to take in, just taking it one step at a time.
I'm am looking in on 2 forums: nano-reef.com and zeewaterforum.nl (that last one is in Dutch)

Back