• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my new iwagumi hardscape.what do u think thanks

Gus

uxOIjx.jpg

Thats all I have lol have few more but very similar
thanks

From my view its a decent look about it, I personally wouldnt think you probably need as many stones on the left and maybe raise the parent stone higher and slightly across to two thirds. It needs to be the focal point

follow the rules of thirds, move the largest stone to the right slightly and then put the 2nd largest stone in an opposing position, move the other stones around from there, otherwise i think the size and choice of stone is rather good. What are you planning to plant with it?

Thanks for your advice
Plants will be montecarlo Carpet all over giant hairgrass in left corner at the back and some blyxa left hand side along side of glass not shure about right side

Basic rules of iwagumi is the simpler the better. Have a search for some of Amanos iwagumi layouts and see what he has done over the years. But thats also my personal preference any way, with an iwagumi i would keep it as two plants.

Just remember, its your layout, its your tank and youre the one who will look at it every day. As long as you are happy with it then its perfect!

Bigger rocks. Too much wide open space. Just my opinion of course.

Thanks for your replies every one for what I see appinions like an a.. holes every got one with all do respect I'll keep it the way it is,picking my plants tmwr and adding ada powder tmrw I'll keep u posted with my progress
Thanks again buried in mind it's my first iwagumi
Thanks again

I like this much better
Just remember that the substrate will subside quite a bit, so make your slopes rather steeper at the beginning - even with "supports".

Certainly draws your eye through more that the first pic. Keep playing if you haven't ran out of patience. Have you been shopping? They don't look like the same stones:D

any better ????
Hi Gus,
I prefer this one, maybe lose the squarish looking one on the far right front, as all the others have a more rounded look.
As Kirk says, keep playing and every so often a layout will suddenly "pop". Take a photo each time as it's a bitch if you can't remember the best!
cheers phil

yes they are new stones went to pick up my plants today from my supplier (professional aquascaper ) and ended up with new stones +bucket full of advice

planting tmrw so will have another look at hardscape in the morning

Back