• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The abyss Stockport optiwhite aquariums and cabinets

Trebor127

Just picked up a new optiwhite aquarium and cabinet from the Abyss at Stockport. They are doing 80cm x 45cm x 45cm optwihite with gloss white cabinet for £299 and a 120cmx45cmx45cm with cabinet for £499. Quality seems good with very minimal silicone and very neat.
5f8eea09675c9e34ae492a4d64ba5999.jpg

Difficult to get a good picture of it as it's that clear and hardly noticeable...
ef66bd42684a84989f67a166b16ab043.jpg
a22a9d988a38384b3304b05e1e7d802f.jpg

0c2ea3c81f323d1855afbad8f013b925.jpg

I haven't built the cabinet up yet but will take some pics when I do. It seems sturdy and exactly the style I was looking for. They are imported from a company in the far east but the quality is as good as any other I've seen.

Last edited:
Very good price.
I know. I contacted a number of joiners to build me a cabinet to this spec and they all wanted upwards of £400. Even if I was to buy the wood to make my own it would still cost more than this by the time you've bought your aquarium.

When it's set up if you'd like to pop round to have a look you'd be most welcome to. On the other hand, abyss is only 15 minutes from me.

Looks nice, do they do custom orders do you know? Next tank I want is 90 wide by 60 deep and 45-50 high. Pricing from Tgm is circa 700 tank and cab so this looks great value
Not in the optiwhite AFAIK. The owner was saying that they got these in on special order from a company in the far east. Maybe worth popping in and seeing what else they have on offer as they are doing some great deals on other tanks as well . I saw a few others but most had hoods which I didn't want.

Does it have cut outs on side of cabinet btw? Lily pipe feeds.....
No the cut outs are on the rear. I'm going down the spray bar route so this shouldn't be a problem for me as going to buy a couple of the glass rear entry pipes from APF.

Rob

Last edited:
Have a look at http://www.aquariums-manufacturing.co.uk/ if you haven't already, they often have some good deals. I just bought an optiwhite 90x50x45 with black silicone for around £125. I live in Manchester so was not that far to drive to their store in Burscough. Currently in the process of building the stand - just put first coat of primer on!

Aron

Have a look at http://www.aquariums-manufacturing.co.uk/ if you haven't already, they often have some good deals. I just bought an optiwhite 90x50x45 with black silicone for around £125. I live in Manchester so was not that far to drive to their store in Burscough. Currently in the process of building the stand - just put first coat of primer on!

Aron
I did try contacting them, emailed twice and phoned a few times. Gave up after that, hence why I ended up at abyss lol.

Happy with my purchase though.

Will be putting the stand together this weekend. Need to decide what I'm going to put in here still.

Fair enough! You definitely have got yourself a good deal anyway. I just want to get mine filled, but I have yet to complete the stand and still need to purchase the rest of the hardscape. I told myself before I bought the tank that I was going to take everything nice and slow but I am getting impatient now ha.

Fair enough! You definitely have got yourself a good deal anyway. I just want to get mine filled, but I have yet to complete the stand and still need to purchase the rest of the hardscape. I told myself before I bought the tank that I was going to take everything nice and slow but I am getting impatient now ha.
I was going to go down the route of building one but found this deal and thought why not.

I'm going to take my time with this one as in the past I have always bought things without looking into them and then hating them further down the line and costing me more money.

Really nice cabinet! What equipment will you be using if you don't mind me asking?

Really nice cabinet! What equipment will you be using if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you.

I'll be using the following...

Tank 120 x 45 x 45
Filtration - 2 x Eheim pro 3 2075 with clear hoses
Inlets - glass from co2 art
Outlets - making 2 400mm acrylic spray bars along rear of tank.
Circulation pump (if needed) - koralia 1600
Heater - 300w Hydor inline
Lights - undecided but either 2 Radion xr15 or 2 kessil a160w.
Substrate - ADA amazonia
Hardscape- got some redmoor root and rocks but may change this.
Co2 via Jbl regulator and 2kg fire extinguisher

Back