• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DGR

Hi all,

I want to present you my latest projekt, called "Nemesis". And here a few facts:

Hardware:
  • GlasGartenMini L 45 x 24 x 30 cm float glas Gross~30L, net - still don't know
  • Daytime eco 40.3
  • Eheim 2213
  • ADA Lily Pipe Spin P Outflow
  • Do!aqua Violet Glass Inflow
  • UP Aqua Inline Atomizer + 500gr CO2
Substrate:
  • ADA Power Sand
  • ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia
  • ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Powder
  • ADA Colorado Sand
Hardscape:
  • at the moment just lava rocks
Plants:
  • a mix of Riccardia spp. + Fissidens Fox
  • Fissidens Fontanus
  • Fissidens sp. Mallorca
  • HC
  • Micranthemum sp. "Montecarlo-3"
At the moment (Day 35) I am at the second phase of DSM with the "no-moss plants". I am planing to keep the tank dry for the next 2 or 3 weeks. The moss was also started with DSM (about 3 weeks).

And now some fotos:

Day 4

16292547875_f7438ee621_z.jpgUntitled by Daniel GR., on Flickr

16101192638_501ff9fe21_z.jpgFissidens sp. Mallorca close up by Daniel GR., on Flickr

Right after planting the HC and the MMC
16443044591_ae1cab20d3_z.jpg020415_3 by Daniel GR., on Flickr

16443864352_ef256f96db_z.jpg020415_4 by Daniel GR., on Flickr

16443065781_14654aea82_z.jpg020415 by Daniel GR., on Flickr

And about a week ago:

16549295541_2eeac0c61c_z.jpg021115_5 copy by Daniel GR., on Flickr

16524979526_ffa75fa225_z.jpg021115_4 copy by Daniel GR., on Flickr

Cheers Daniel

Great project my friend. Real nice indeed. Congratulations.

I have the Fissidens.. it´s growth is very very slow.. In a month it only grows like half a centimeter.
You´re doing dry. How you´re going to do the transition to submerged?

Hug

Reactions: DGR
Hi Paulo,
Thank you for the nice words!
I presume you speak about the Fissidens sp. Mallorca? I have two more species here - Fontanus and Mini. But yes, you are right. The Mallorca is growing really slow, especially submersed. Emersed is something a bit different, and I can say it is a bit faster.
I am planning to do the transition with a lot of CO2 for the first 7 to 10 days. I will also use only RO water + SaltyShrimp Softwater Mineral GH+.

So I've taken a few photos and edited them on PS. I know that the colours of the lights are a bit diffenent. Since the HC and the MC were added, I've put the lights lower.

16570316152_c75227ffba_z.jpgComparison by Daniel GR., on Flickr

Nice scape. And I really like Daytime leds. Got myself one this weekend. 7000K version looks brilliant and it looks like give at least double power of same watts T5.

Hi all,

It's been 43 days since planting and I'm satisfied with the results so far.
16437166307_52f00a6366_c.jpgHC between the rocks by Daniel GR., on Flickr

I did however had a couple of problems with the HC at the top right. It became something like a thin, white and short web-sort of hairs. I presume some sort of fungus and bacteria, in other words - mold. I have no idea why is it there and why did it came.. Any suggestions? I've presumed that the lightning can be the problem, so I've put the lights a bit higher again and I've sprayed cinnamon water on it. Now I can confirm, that the mold is disappearing.

If I do must remove a few pieces of HC, I will be not worried at all. At the second phase of the planting I've collect the rests from the HC and left them in glass jars "lying" on soil. That was 4 weeks ago. And now I have that here.
16618540266_27a6015e75_c.jpgRebirth of plants from rests by Daniel GR., on Flickr

16458288019_8ff51ee774_c.jpgReserves by Daniel GR., on Flickr

So that will be my plan B, if plan A goes wrong.

The water (RO) will be filled this weekend and plenty of CO2 will be added for the first week or so.

Cheers Daniel

Hi Daniel,

it looks like a good progress! Thumbs up!
Garlic water is working to! In my experience, the mold is coming from the tissue culture plants (or better: the stuff they are growing in)!
If there's some residue on the plants, it easily grows in the dry start or even under water (can be seen as white stuff around the plants).

But no worries... it CAN disappear very fast, too :)

Cheers,
Chris

it easily grows in the dry start or even under water (can be seen as white stuff around the plants).
But no worries... it CAN disappear very fast, too
Hi Chris,

I think I've seen something like that already, not in my tanks thou. So it comes from the gel... How does it disapper under water?

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi all,

Today came the tide! The water is still a bit cloudy, but thats just normal (CO2), so please ignore that.

I am using the ADA Lily Pipe Spin for first time and I can say it's perfect for this size (and smaller) of a tank. I wanted a light flow so the HC stays where it schould, but still strong enough for the good distribution of CO2. And I have it!

So... enjoy the cloudiness :D:

16495910289_c041cd9a22_c.jpgNemesis - Day 1 (Day 47 incl. DSM) by Daniel GR., on Flickr

And have a nice weekend!

Cheers, Daniel

Thanks ADA! I am pretty satisfied with the results too! Above all I didn't had any losses by the moss. One should thank George for his amazing journal with the yoghurt dry start!

I have tried with glue already. I didn't had any problems but it also doesn't look as naturaly as the yoghurt method, but for accents it is great! I am thinking about using it again by this layout... Or I will dry start separately a few stones with Fissidens Phoenix, which will be added after that. We'll see :D

Hi all,

I've decided to make a quick update and to ask a couple of questions.

A week after the water came in. I do water changes every two days with about 30-40% RO water.

The water values are:

NO3: <10 mg/l
NO2: ~0 mg/l
GH: 7°dH
KH: 1-2°dH
pH: 6,2
Cl2: 0 mg/l
CO2: 20-30 mg/l
Lights are on for 6 hours with no pauses.

The only fertilizer I use for now is ADA Brighy K 1 ml daily.

I do however see that there are some green (probably fuzz) algae on the rocks. Especially on the hill above. For now they are just as a fein down. Should that be a problem? Or is it normal?

Cheers, Daniel

Back