• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Poco Pozo

This is the pair of hoignei that forced me to buy them all, although they're in their own tank for now.

ayY6es.jpg

43WNm1.jpg

I'm seriously worried about both you and Edo_O...firstly Ed doesn't know what a girl looks like (ref Al's Chocolate Lake):confused: and now you have fish forcing you to do stuff:eek:...
I think you both need to get out more:p

Hi Big Tom, love this scape. Can I ask where you position the plants growing above the surface? Do you remove all compost from them? Do you have all the roots in the water or just part of them? I'd like to try some plants in a similar way and would appreciate any advice please?

Hi Big Tom, love this scape. Can I ask where you position the plants growing above the surface? Do you remove all compost from them? Do you have all the roots in the water or just part of them? I'd like to try some plants in a similar way and would appreciate any advice please?

Thanks Wendal. Yes, the riparians are all bare rooted - I wash all the compost off and then just wedge them into the hardscape. Most of the roots are submerged, but I keep the crown of the plant out of the water. They generally take a couple of weeks to adjust (and some seem to go through a root melt and regrowth process).

Lurvly! Especially the iguanadectus & apisto :thumbup:

Just picked up a pair of apisto borellii :hungry:

Apisto fever seems to be catching :sick:

Hi all,
This is the pair of hoignei that forced me to buy them all, although they're in their own tank for now.

ayY6es.jpg

43WNm1.jpg
Just gorgeous. I've only ever seen pictures before and nothing with that intensity of colour, these look fantastic.

Bob Wiltshire says they aren't too difficult (most macmasteri complex Apistogramma are relatively trouble free), and he is a pretty good source. <"Apistogramma hoignei - Dwarfcichlid.com"> (Profile added 30th January 2015).

cheers Darrel

Yeah I wasn't expecting too much to be honest when I saw they were coming in, but as soon as I saw the big male I had to have them. The 'beta' male is pictured in my post from this afternoon and is colouring up rapidly as well. Reasonably sure I got 3m:3f as well, which is nice.

Still want some guttata!

Back