• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Somerset

_Rob

Hello all!

The first thing I should start off by saying is thank you for all you're wonderful posts. Even though this is my first time posting, I have done a lot of reading and have gained a lot of knowledge

I have always wanted an aquarium, but never pursued the idea. Recently I received my EcoQube (something I funded on Kickstarter. Maybe you heard of it?) and since then become a little bit obsessed. Which has led to the purchase of a 60P that is currently a work in progress as I still need to buy a filter and hardscape.

Being a bit of a techie guy I wanted to create a way to monitor my tank from where ever I am. So I got myself one of the newest Raspberry Pi's so I could create my own way. Currently I'm experimenting using my EcoQube with a room temperature/humidity sensor and a water proof probe. I do have a PH sensor, but I have not got that setup yet.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of the Pi and monitoring interface. Enjoy!

xefIcki.jpg
rRt3Kp7.png

Last edited:
I never really know what I'm looking at when I see pics of diy monitoring tech. But it's impressive, that's for sure.

So what will it do? Will it be run via your phone?

Currently it's only monitoring the rooms humidity/temperature and the temperature of the water. The graphs you see above are displaying the last 24 hours worth of data, but I can switch between whatever I need, whether that's the last 30 days or the last 30 minutes. I plan on being able to monitor things like PH and NO3 and have it email me if something is wrong.

I can view it from my phone, but it does look a little broken at the moment.

Welcome to UKAPS :)

What you need to monitor is CO2 in water correctly, had a look into it sometime ago and the probes you can get have a -+60-70 accuracy rate, so when you trying to monitor 30PPM becomes an issue lol

Thanks. I hadn't even started looking at probes for monitoring CO2 so it's good to know before I end up wasting money.

I have done the same with a raspberry pi. I was meant to be doing a journal but I haven't had the time as yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I use the Atlas Scientific one!! Works well! I'll send you the link to mine over private message as I can access mine over the Internet. I'm just playing with getting mine onto a Pi 2.

Nice case!!! I think getting a case that fits a project is the biggest problem with all Pi projects!

Nice case!!! I think getting a case that fits a project is the biggest problem with all Pi projects!
Ebay is full of cases :) got two there which fit nicely!

Sorry i meant project boxes so you can add the pi and a proto board or a circuit board with all the sensors on. I think 3D printers are the way to go for these things!

Back