• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rescape photo

Vanish

So I've just finished giving my aquarium a make over. It had been setup with the old design for a couple of years, and just lately I'd lost a bit of interest so I thought it was time to change things a bit to rekindle some interest. And it has all of a sudden I can't leave it alone, I've also started an auto-doser project which I will document here.

66db166f3d7b48b35dc2a46991088e6a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loosing interest in a scape can only mean more great ideas have entered your head. It is amazing how fast people progress thanks to this place. If edd and Stuart at aquaJardin hadn't pointed me here I'd of given up on the first scape. Nice rocks mate, are those naughty danios I can see.?

Please tell me to shut up if I affend you, but could you separate these two cental rock a little bit more? may create more illusion of depth.

Last edited:
Kirk, they sure are. I love the leopard danios, remind me of mini rainbow trout and they never stop darting about as you can see by the way they appear as a blur in the photo. The rocks are from Dobbies and are out of the rockery section. They square one has plenty of fossils in it, which the kids found very interesting.

Re the rock spacing. I spent ages fiddling about with them. Even down to sitting sitting on the carpet and moving them around on a towel. And yes the depth of field view was what I was after but alas with the shapes of rock I'd chosen this seemed to be the best compromise I could arrive at. I did even take a chisel to try and improve. Maybe someone else with more experience could have improved on things.

Last edited:
Yes they are lively I had some when I started back up until I just had to have some cherry shrimp. Nice gorami there too. Are you using co2 or is this a lowtech set up? Crypts look healthy.

I do use co2, I have a high flow co2 reactor which I copied the deign from foxfish. The central heating pump had developed a short and was out of action for some time so the co2 and EI dosing stopped for quite a while. Now I have it all back up and running things should start to pick up, as the crypts usually have a nice red/burgundy Sheen to them. I have just got rid of a bowl full of the crypts, they propagate really quickly.

I have one crypt similar that's picking up after a new tank and scape. Looks loverly against bogwood. Please Keep us updated :)

Will do. Thank for the comments.

Back