• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60L BOW!

GDM

Once again a massive thank you to all the members here. While I thought a little aquarium would be an interesting hobby you have all helped me throughly enjoy the process.
This journal will document whats happened rather than whats to come but it will hopefully be interesting reading / viewing.

Usual apologies for mobile phone photography.....

Best,
Garry

Last edited:
So it began.

Tetra AquaArt 60L Bow front -....... Mrs GDM thought the shape was interesting
http://www.tetra.net/en/en/aquarist.../tetra-aquaart-explorer-line-aquarium-set-60l

I bought this from AquaJardin nr. Cheltenham along with an Eheim 2213 Filter and a bit of black gravel. Very friendly bunch.

Rock came from one of the Three MA's in Swindon!

Candle for scale - Tank is 500mm H x 500mm W x 300mm D

PHOTO - October 27th

16739782262_5bb321f6b9_c.jpg

Last edited:
OK so then Planting. All Tropica 1-2 Grow to start

Flame Moss at the front
Marsilea Crenata in the centre and Left
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' on the right

TGM Light Diffusing backing to the rear face.

Bow fronted Tank distorts the view

PHOTO - Day 3

16739662451_b806d41f3d_z.jpg

Last edited:
In no particular order

Bolbotis in. Ninja Turtle in. C02 in.

PHOTO - Day 21

16553450760_1fe5f1186d_c.jpg

16740839395_b40a014106_c.jpg

Last edited:
Photos aren't working mate. Try copying the img code from photobucket, imgur etc.

Grrrr thanks Henry. One for tomorrow

Photos aren't working mate. Try copying the img code from photobucket, imgur etc.

Thanks Henry

Bit more awake now, all sorted.........hopefully

Ember Tetra
Red Phantom Tetra
Red / Orange & Blue Cherry Shrimp

All care of Sweet Knowle Aquatics. Again, friendly bunch. I asked them to deliver the fish but due to the cold weather they declined which was fair. By appointment they let me drop in late one evening to collect which was very kind.

16120887103_48cb4b4baf_c.jpg

16739767452_b79a15cde0_c.jpg

.....from Monte Carlo has never done very well so I took some out. Clearly I needed a little more height so I added some Bacopa monnieri and the slim leaved red tinted plant. Annoyingly I threw the label away so I've no idea what it's called, both are growing like crazy. I'm now using the Ei starter Kit from Aquarium Plant Food.

16118560434_03a5b6f9d3_c.jpg

16120920663_65d6f68fc5_c.jpg

Great scape, those rocks real give a sense of depth, it's only the spraybar that gives you a true sense of scale.

Thanks Webworm,

I must take some upto date photos as I've added a few extra plants. Some side on shots will help give a sense of depth.

Last weekend I wiggled my plants about. The Bolbotis has really darkened up nicely and it was squashed in the corner slightly so its been repositioned.

16600191830_2c5eda10fe_c.jpg

In the room, sense of scale shot....

16786463872_e61e3e5681_c.jpg

Last edited:
New location and a replant. The background is a solid white window film, really like this.

20001082831_8ed83c52dd_h.jpg

Looks nice. Is that a tmc mini tile? do you have co2 or a dimmer for it? The potential for algae is :eek:... I had a bow front once but hated the distortion. Love the wood....

Looks nice. Is that a tmc mini tile? do you have co2 or a dimmer for it? The potential for algae is :eek:... I had a bow front once but hated the distortion. Love the wood....

Yep its the Mini 400. Nice piece of kit but yes its BRIGHT!

There's Carbo going in and the tile is on a timer. Only on for 4.5 hrs a day so far.....we'll bring it up gently gently....

The distortion is a bit distracting but where its sitting, in the dining room it actually gives a different view from each chair which is nice. Having said that I won't be getting another bow anytime soon....

I had a mini tile over a 30l cube. I ended up with it raised 80cm above the tank and had a frosted glaze on my cover glass and still got algae lol...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Blimey! Maybe I'll hang it out of the bedroom window upstairs!

Hi All.

Little update.
I now have 3 dwarf pufferfish in the tank. They are great fun.

Back