• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

1.000 L project. Aquascape by Windyhead.

Absolutely stunning mate :thumbup:

I remember seeing the original garage scape a few months back and searched endlessly when planning my new tank but couldn't find it. I couldn't remember what it was called or who started it :(

If mine ends up half as good as good yours I'll be more than happy, well done mate.

This is absolutely grand Windyhead...:). Extremely professional too. I am sorry to be such a spoiler of things but could you be kind enough to explain:

1. How your sump is designed please? I saw that picture you had posted on the previous page but for a garden variety bloke like me,...it's like looking at a very complex circuitary board. :sorry: I know that your water drains into both the over flow boxes there but how have you routed them back into the tank please?

2. How are you introducing your co2 into the system? And how are you preventing the co2 loss in your sump system?

I am sorry for being such a sod for asking so many questions but i really love your tank and i am thinking of setting up a sump system in the future. Nothing like yours sir but ..on a much smaller scale and i would truly appreciate your input.

Congratulations on your beautiful tank:)

This aquarium is at the customer. In the future I will do photos of the sump. Sump consist of two joined parts. At every part there is 5000l/h pump, which is not working at full power. Also there are two overflowbox, one only for draining and another one for draining and water level support. In the sump there is also CO2 reactor with pump, something like Tom Barr dual Venturi DIY External Co2 reactor. Co2 is not protected from evaporation, the flow rate is tuned to achieve required levels. We use 40 L, 28 kg pressurized CO2 balloon.

Thanks for all!

Aquarium dimensions - 220x70x70 cm.

Sump design is not the best due to some engineering features. One photo of it is at page-1 of this topic.

We plan to add Pterophyllum scalare or P. altum someday.

We have plans to grow plants extending out of the water, but we have low humidity in the room and MH lighting. Would anyone have any suggestions which of the plants will suit us the most?
You can use plants like Epipremnum or Scindapsus, also known as Pothos. These do very well with their roots in the water. In fact, Amano uses something like this on his private tank.

Back