• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What red plant will attach and grow on wood

Frenchi

Hi
Is there a red plant will attach and grow on bog wood please .. I cannot find anything on Google apart from Lagenandra meeboldii Red.. This maybe a little big for where I want to attach it..

Thanks in advance:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id have to look for the link Frenchi. Its ludwigia SP RED/ ludwigia palustris. Ive seen on wood in a video before.

Hi Frenchi, Not really Red but has a nice shade of bronze to the under side of the leaf Hygrophilia -Pinnatfida Grows on DW too :)

http://www.flowgrow.de/db/aquaticplants/hygrophila-pinnatifida
I have some of that spreading in my other tank at the moment:) it's a lovely looking plant .. I was hoping for a bit more vibrant red
89c5b496a711af1d8e419ed6e4560d39.jpg

Hi Frenchi, Depends on the size of you DW ??? Just had a thought?? How about drilling some holes in the DW filling with substrate add half fert tab and plant Alternatherara Mini That's as red as you can get :)

http://tropica.com/en/plants/plantdetails/Alternantherareineckii'Mini'(023CTC)/4439
That would be absolutely perfect love that.. I cannot remove the wood without disturbing everything though .. I'll show you what I'm trying to achieve.. I'm wanting some red to show above the green just on the archway if you get me, to fill in that missing spot:)
8eaa046f8c6a728345fd4a9532743929.jpg

Yeah full standard Ei dosed without fail .. Most of the crypts at the front are on lava rock:) trying to make the tank mostly plant on hardscape :)

Ive got both althernantera mini and ludwigia palustris. I would go for the ludwigia because of many things, but specially because of looks and ease of care, its less demanding. If its near the light and you get a difficult plant then it might show co2 defficiency.

Back