• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What red plant will attach and grow on wood

Ive got both althernantera mini and ludwigia palustris. I would go for the ludwigia because of many things, but specially because of looks and ease of care, its less demanding. If its near the light and you get a difficult plant then it might show co2 defficiency.
Nice one thanks for that .. I think I'll try the
Ludwigia sp first and if that looks like it should I'll stay .. If not I'll try the althernantera:) i must admit I love the look of the althernantera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope gone for ludwigia sp super red from one of our sponsors co2art .. .. Cheers for your help :) appreciated as always

I dont think you would want to attach a crypt to bog wood. I would go for a ludwigia species.

I've attached crypts to bogwood, rocks you name it in many a tank. Looks brilliant.

Frenchi, it's available from dennerles in vitro range mate

I've attached crypts to bogwood, rocks you name it in many a tank. Looks brilliant.

Some crypts are easier than others Alastair. I dont recommend it and there is a higher chance of melting (specially the flamingo species) doesnt mean it cannot be done of course it can.

Right guys I went for both lol .. I haven't taken them out of the pots so just temporary for now .. How's the layout?
2f732f7f2a70a1b148e1728bb569a0fe.jpg

ludwigia sp at the top of the arch and 3 pots of althernantera reineckii pink

Hi Frenchi :woot: Looking good :thumbup: Just a thought how about planting more of the althernantera reineckii pink on the RH side of the DW ;)Would look fab with the lush green planting you have behind :rolleyes:And the flow of the lud over the arch going back to lush green planting on the RH side ???

Hi Frenchi :woot: Looking good :thumbup: Just a thought how about planting more of the althernantera reineckii pink on the RH side of the DW ;)Would look fab with the lush green planting you have behind :rolleyes:And the flow of the lud over the arch going back to lush green planting on the RH side ???

I'm going to sound dumb now lol what you mean by DW?

Hi Frenchi, i was just wondering about your way of injecting co2 since your tank looks quite nice. Do you have a ph pen and measure ph? Do you have co2 on all the time? Or off at night? If you dont do none of this dont worry its not mandatory was just curious. I see you use a few dropcheckers which isnt a bad method really.

Hi Frenchi, i was just wondering about your way of injecting co2 since your tank looks quite nice. Do you have a ph pen and measure ph? Do you have co2 on all the time? Or off at night? If you dont do none of this dont worry its not mandatory was just curious. I see you use a few dropcheckers which isnt a bad method really.
Hi
I inject via a co2 art inline intense diffuser I run it through a aquis 1200 external filter and have a jbl 1901 filter to push the water round the tank.. I don't do any checks on the water I never have done really apart from the co2 drop checkers .. I use plenty to ensure the co2 is getting to every part of the tank ...
I put the co2 on 3 hrs before lights on and 1 hour before lights out :)
Lights on at 12:30 noon off at 20:30 pm

Hope this explains properly

Back