• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Forgotten Valley - 60l

:lol:

The HM can be used as a forground if you are good at trimming plants, or you have a really large tank! I hacked away at it the otherweek and no it has really bushed out and thickened up.

About 3 months, until glosso too over it, but it didn't grow much in those 3 months and most of it turned dark green at one stage.

HC likes a lot of CO2 and Nitrogen, if it wasnt any of those then it is just you :!:

Mark, I checked the pictures from your blog. I think you had HM. The leaves are just longer then the HC which has more rounded leaves. You can check my journal below, I only have HM and HC in my nano at the moment. Those in the TGM tank are definitely HM.

i don't believe it, i think it was hm, that means you've got hm aaron. i don't know the difference between the 2 as I've never had them side by side.

Hemianthus micranthemoides is the stem plant in Aaron`s tank. Hemianthus callitrichoides is the carpetting plant, which is also shown in the TGM tank.

Dave.

saintly said:
i don't believe it, i think it was hm, that means you've got hm aaron. i don't know the difference between the 2 as I've never had them side by side.

you got me confused then lol!

hm - hemanthius micranthemoides (stem plant) is called baby tears
hc - hemanthius callachtricoides (carpeting plant) is called dwarf baby tears

They are similar hence the common name.

The pic I posted of the TGM tank is a carpet of HC. I just re-checked the original journal for the tank!

Sorry for the confusion all! I'm sure Jimmy said it was either HM or even Micranthemum Umbrosum.

SteveUK said:
The pic I posted of the TGM tank is a carpet of HC. I just re-checked the original journal for the tank!

Sorry for the confusion all! I'm sure Jimmy said it was either HM or even Micranthemum Umbrosum.

lol

quick close up of the HC:

P1011714.jpg

pictures :)

I have spread the microsorum pteropus 'narrow out onto a large piece of driftwood i had, i didnt realise how big it had got! It was huge. i feel much happier with it now, the transition from background to midground is much better. When the vallis nana starts to grow up the back in the left corner i think it will look great.

P1011718.jpg

P1011719.jpg

that looks great aaron. :D

maybe just watch the stems (right hand side) you can see the lower parts of the stems which are not so nice. maybe some more microsorum to the right of the stems too? looks great though.

Looking great! It still looks a big green for me... I know it's wreird. Maybe it's my screen or something, I dunno.

I think the stems are getting there, but I think like Mark said it might look good to have some more Narrow Fern on the right of the stems. The right hand side is looking a little bit too open compared to the left and this might help.

Back