• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 40m Amano Tank

Going on holiday in Portugal in September. Wonder if I can convince the missus to let us take a brief detour on the way to the beach

woah. thats a lot of tank. wonder what the value of that much aquasoil is, lol (I presume he gives himself a discount)

My kinda size
I do wonder if the large pane won't bow?, I can;'t see any struts

The force on the panes only depends on water depth, and this isn't that deep (never thought I'd say that about a 6' tank). Obviously any slight flex will be amplified by the length of the thing, but still.... that must be atleast 2" thick!

I wonder how they do the maintenance - really really long handled tweezers/scissors?

Does anyone know if this is going to be a big garden or will it tell a story along its 40 metre length? I hope the latter as there's a fantastic opportunity if it started as a spring and ended as a mangrove swamp. Just a thought.

10,000 neons ought to do it :eek:

Judging by the banked up rock at either end It could a 40m 'slice' of a river/lake

Back