• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gluing Rocks

ianh

Seedling
Just obtained some nice pieces of Seiryu rock. The one piece I would like to use as a tall structure will not quite stand as its based is not perfectly level. I was wondering if I could fix a piece of rock to it to make its base more stable. Does anybody know if there a 'glue' (or alternative method) that is strong enough to do this and is safe to use within the aquarium?

Thanks,

Ian

Just checked out the price of Korralen Zucht speed glue ColinIp. Wow your're right, a touch pricey!

Hi ianh,
Just read that there are epoxy resins made especially for aquarium use.
google 'epoxy for aquarium'
cheers phil

Would super glue work? Plenty of people use that to attach plants to wood. Don't know if it would bond rocks though?

Better than gluing, if you rock base is not flat, trim/grind it using an angle grinder. I wrapped one of my rocks in cloth, gripped it in my workmate and used an angle grinder with stone cutting disk to trim away the uneven bottom. Did it outside on the lawn as is a bit of a dusty affair.....wear eye protection and dust mask obviously.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Found somebody from work that has an angle grinder with a stone cutting disk. They are going to cut it, evening up the bottom. Hopefully it should be stable enough then! If not may try fixing to another rock using some aquatic safe epoxy resin, possible the JBL Haru looks a promising product.

Back