• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Poly Filter Brand

Says it will remove trace elements & phosphates so no good with EI then.

It was directed at the marine/reef market, it's a nice dense mat that is good at polishing water, I've used it for that aspect in planted tanks, didn't notice any negative effects on plant growth (it is recommended to remove it from the filter if medicating); for my purpose, I just rinsed & reused for ages (it was on sale for a good price at a local shop).

I have tap water with measurable phosphate, phosphate was still measurable in the tanks with "polyfilter" - it is not a phosphate removal resin.
Almost all "poly wool" materials adsorb to some degree.
I doubt that use of "polyfilter" would significantly impact EI dosing levels - it's been ages since I looked at the binding assays for this product but it's not high capacity, it does a much better job (than most similar products) at removing very fine particles.

I use in my reef tank, very good at removing organics and copper no idea how effective it is with phosphate and nitrate by I can't imagine it's that good as it has no affect on either in my tank.

Back