• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pan scrubbers

Yep I use the same!

I do have a coarse foam on the bottom half of my bottom tray to catch large bit of dirt or bits of moss. I also have a bag of purigen in the top tray but that is it. I have a JBL 1500 filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, at £1.99 for 9 and free postage, I ordered myself 5 packs! Plenty of spares :)

I'm planning on using pan scrubbers in the bottom basket, alfagrog in the next, then the third will have some fine foam and purigen. Top basket will just have the foam from my quarantine tank filter so its always seeded with bacteria, although I don't have a quarantine tank yet, need to buy something once I finish paying for the main tank.

I'm planning on using pan scrubbers in the bottom basket,
mechanical filtration then ... only I'm confused how this is any better than the stuff that came with my Eheim (I've yet to buy a canister filter without media "included")

This is the only filtering medium you use? No ceramic, no floss? Thanks.
Lets see....basket 1, only pot scrubs ....basket 2, only pot scrubs...basket 3, active (now not so active anymore, it's been in there for more tan 6 months) carbon and some pot scrubs.....that's it.
I do have a little prefilter on my inlet, but this is just to prevent small shrimp from getting sucked into the canister filter.

mechanical filtration then ... only I'm confused how this is any better than the stuff that came with my Eheim (I've yet to buy a canister filter without media "included")

My Eheim 600T did not come with any media, which is a bit of a cheek when it costs over £500.

I use them in my sump,
Saved me a fortune
f25cd27dd18d73cb7b0fef1bdf7c6f48.jpg

Back