• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypts.

alip01

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a couple of crypt sp. for the for and midground of my 60L tank. Only there are so many to choose from I can't decide. :lol:

I'm looking for some recommendations, and also where's a good place to get them online from.

The tank's got pressurised CO2, EI dosing, 24 to 48W of t5 lighting and AS Malaya, with PSS and Tropica plant substrate underneath. :D

Thanks for the help,
Alistair

Best place is one of our sponsors, Aqua Essentials or The Green Machine.

Your best bet for the foreground is Parva, stays quite low at about 4cm I think. For the midground there are quite a few choices, the main one that comes to miund is Wendtii but have a look through the Tropica catalogue online. Anything that grows at around 10cm would be suitable.

I would ignore the measurements on any site for Crypts. They tend to have minds of their own and some grow to the suggested height while another side by side can grow much taller.

Parva is the smallest and shouldn't get taller than 10cm. Most will stay between the 4-8cm but you will get some growing to 10cm.

Wendtii when planted in a cluster will stay around the 10cm mark but again sometimes gets taller. I planted mine seperately and have some that are 20cm and others that stay lower.

AC

Hi,

I think I'm going to get some Parva and Wendtii ''green''. I think I'll also get a pot of Undulata, because there are some spaces that it could look good in. 8)

Here goes another £30+ into the 60L money pit. :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Alistair

Just wondering, how many crypts are there in each pot? Just wondering so that I have a rough idea of the numbers to buy?

It seems to vary with each type of plant, so as I've never bought Tropica crypts before I have no idea. :lol:

Thanks,
Alistair

That depends on the pot really. Some will be a few leaves when they are seperated and some will have more or less etc.

Remember with Crypts that they will grow out and get bigger.

Judge it at between 10 to 20 plantlets in each pot. (3 pots of Tropica for £9 in Pets at home and they stock both Parva and Wendtii green)

AC

Back