• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

backflow/capillary action through bazooka diffuser?

Rahms

Hallo,

After being off overnight, my CO2 line between diffuser and check valve fills with water. Am I correct to assume there is a minimum pressure to force CO2 through the diffuser? Because if so, this line should maintain that level and prevent backflow (as long as its higher than the water pressure of ~0.02 bar :p)

So basically I think I have a very slow leak somewhere, but can't find anything, and want to be sure before I buy a replacement diffuser (oldest, grubbiest component). Would be good to get some others' experience thrown in!

I'll probably go for an inline, so not a huge loss if it turns out I didn't need it...

Cheers

edit: basically, how long does it take for your diffuser to start bubbling after you turn on the CO2?

Last edited:
I have to say I do not get any back draw of water on my bazooka when I switched it off. It takes about 15-30 seconds to start. I might switch back to an in-line myself, I found them to be more reliable.

definitely a leak somewhere then, takes close to an hour for mine....

thanks

had this problem too , i change my old yellowish co2 line , much better now

lets not forget that water dissolved co2 so water vs co2 = water wins

cheers for replies guys. Found a TINY leak on bubble counter and the bloody thing broke with next to no force, very strange. So got rid of that now...

Problem still remains though. Have a feeling the diffuser is dirty on the inside or something. new setup is simply reg-->solenoid-->check-->diffuser, with about 5cm between check valve and diffuser. I think the backflow and delay was a bit of a red herring. With the diffuser off, there's plenty of flow at almost any pressure, and once I put it back on, I need ~4bar to get anything out of it. Must be dirty on the inside or something (can't see since its a bazooka). New one on the way anyways. Wonder if I'll manage with an inline diffuser and no bubble counter...

Back