• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Having trouble keeping phosphate up

I have a feeling that your macro mix is also quite a bit off from EI dosing. Im using the basic teaspoon measures to make my EI stock solution for 40-60Gal tanks. I mix up my ferts in 600ml coke bottles because they are easy enough to come by and using a cough syrup measuring cap to dose 30ml every alternate day. I use this because measuring caps are usually 15ml to the brim so its easy to measure without having to look at the cap and also since 30ml x 20 doses = 600ml so its all nice even numbers.

This solution contains 10 tsp KNO3, 5tsp MgSO4, 3-3.5 tsp of KH2PO4 and 2 tsp of K2SO4. In total around 20 tsp of salts and all this just barely dissolves in 600ml of HOT RO water. I have found that this seems to be pretty much the limit for EI salts that can be dissolved. My Mg is around half the recommended EI amount but I havent come across any Mg deficiencies so far and my Mg is supplemented a bit because I add some GH Booster on WC day. I have increased the phosphates a bit because with the lower amount I do get some GSA.

So your 200ml macro solution would need to have around 6.6 TSP of this mix dissolved in to make a non limiting Macro solution and you too might have noticed if it was hard to get them to dissolve in your water. Your mix doesnt have Mg or K2So4 in it so it might be easier to get into solution but even if you forget about these elements you would still need to add 30+ml of your macro mix to a 250L tank but you are adding only a few ml in each dose i think ? This leads me to believe that your Macro mix is also quite dilute and you should consider getting the individual chemicals and making your own mix.

Sorry if my post is a bit rambly but hopefully it still conveys the point I was trying to make

Back