• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI from Start Up

Colinlp

Should I start EI dosing from day one after planting and first fill or would it be better to wait a length of time or even gradually increase dosing? I will be using CO2 and ADA substrate

Thanks

I'm wondering why they say that? Would it because algae may use nutrients first if they arnt settled in.? Interesting I'm unsure. I've always got on with it and gradualally increased light. In my experience I've just got on with dosing away a bit can't hurt surely?

I was planning on 50% daily and initially dosing macros and micros at the same time for the first 2 weeks or so, fully planted with possibly a couple of fast growers planted in pots that can be thrown out after a few weeks?

In a new tank I start dosing from Day 1 but 1/3rd of the full dose for the 1st week, 2/3rd for the 2nd week and full EI from the 3rd week onwards. This is for a high tech setup. I also increase the lighting duration and also intensity in parallel but keep CO2 on full blast throughout

Back