• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass Cleaning

This is going to be like a cream egg thread.:D

that washing up pad sure look familiar , could double up as a bio media as well

Something I have done in the last WCs... Spray H2O2 in the glass and pieces of equipment that are emersed... It works very well for small algae patches that attach to the heater, pipes, spraybar, corners, etc. that are almost invisible. You can see the effect because the next day because they turn red.
I have also used H2O2 for cleaning diffusers and glass equipment... Not as fast as bleach but no toxicity.

Jordi

I just wipe the inside with kitchen paper that has some white vinegar on it at every water change, other wise I do not touch the glass.

just use a sponge during every weekly water change. The key is to have a strict routine. Skip it once and you will skip more and more and it's all downhill from there

For me it's good quality kitchen roll and the multi-plastic scraper I bought from CO2Art a while back as it does so many scrapes in one single pass - and rounded corners too. The downside was that I kept taking branches in my scape out as it requires a bit of room to manoeuvre. I now have otos and a nerite snail, so admit to not having cleaned the glass for 4 months now.

[Should anyone have a solution for zebra snail egg removal from wood - that'd be awesome!]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rena-Aqua...333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aad82305d

this is whatI use. Highly recommend it because:
1) Its got a plastic blade fore acrylic tanks and a metallic onefor glass tanks.
2) Its very long.
3) It can acces that nuisence algae at the bottom of the glass w/o disturbing carpet plants.
4) You can see where the algae is on the glass the plastic is yellow.
5) No need toget hands wet.
This guys should pay me for this. But the truth is its perfect for me.

For me it's good quality kitchen roll and the multi-plastic scraper I bought from CO2Art a while back as it does so many scrapes in one single pass - and rounded corners too. The downside was that I kept taking branches in my scape out as it requires a bit of room to manoeuvre. I now have otos and a nerite snail, so admit to not having cleaned the glass for 4 months now.

[Should anyone have a solution for zebra snail egg removal from wood - that'd be awesome!]

They'll be there forever, just accept it :D

i do like the idea of using filter wool, when i do a water change i have a green brillo type pad

Back