• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ohko Ocean, now 'Peaks'

I went away for a couple weeks and the tank suffered big time. The fish were fed too much and wc'es were too small. And I can't be sure about fertz.

Here are some pics an hour or so into cleaning. Note the the front right has been cleaned.

frfr_zpsyujh7ufm.png

jyjuk_zpsnwhwigf3.png

nrthnr_zpsdzlukyh6.png

jmiytf_zpsxv8zbkig.png

I cleaned it up one rock at a time. Lifted each out of the tank and scrubbed (and scrubbed). I dropped most of the rocks I cleaned in a weak (2%-5% bleach solution).

It took a long time.

There's fewer rocks now. And it looks a bit different. I filled a 2L ice cream container with rocks that weren't put back. Still need to put the sideways rock back somehow. But so far so good, it's looking nice tonight. :)

bbfsbf_zpseicwingg.png

ghmh_zpscmd8oqvy.png

Haven't checked in on this one in a while. Looks exactly how I thought it would look ., amazing!!
What's next? How much longer are you planning to run with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did all that BBA appear? Were co2 and lighting not kept on a timer? Great recovery though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ADA
Yes, Co2 and lighting are on a timer. Still are.

My wife was in charge while I was away. She says she did little (5-10L) wc'ed daily. While I usually do big 60-70% wc'ed weekly.

She also says she fed the fish daily, which is too much.

I don't know for sure what she did with liquid fertz.

Anyway, she tried. And I love her for that.

My constant maintenance must make a difference. Thankfully it's only 2ft, so a recovery was possible.

Yes, Co2 and lighting are on a timer. Still are.

My wife was in charge while I was away. She says she did little (5-10L) wc'ed daily. While I usually do big 60-70% wc'ed weekly.

She also says she fed the fish daily, which is too much.

I don't know for sure what she did with liquid fertz.

Anyway, she tried. And I love her for that.

My constant maintenance must make a difference. Thankfully it's only 2ft, so a recovery was possible.
It's amazing what a difference in results when maintenance schedule is altered.

Good on her for trying though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no idea where it is. A friend sent me the pic and it's been my desktop wallpaper for a while. Looks perfect for a 60cm tank!

maybe sand instead of water? blue/black sand??

Great inspirational image Dantrasy.

I'm immediately thinking about Riccardia covered stones, and the not so typical Malaya Soil :)

I really like your photos from the corner and above the tank. Really gives a good look at the aquascape and tank as a whole as you see it. Ill have to add this angle next time I pull out the camera.

Amazing pictures. What filter media do you use to keep the water so crystal clear? Do you use purigen?

I use Seachem Matrix and a pouch of api bio chem zorb (but the pouch was removed around the time of the last lot of pics).

Bio chem zorb really does do what's advertised on the pack.

Another reason the water stays nice and clean is because I use a Fluval 406 on just 120L.

Still no changes to this tank. But I have found another pic for inspiration. I think it's from a video game.

images_zpsz4omtlaj.jpg

Wow! Such cool pic! Great colors! Wow!

:) What is this place?

I would guess that could easily be somewhere in Scotland. It is very typical of the landscape in the Scottish Highlands, I do a lot of hill walking there although I live on the East coast of Scotland in Aberdeen. Every time I go for a walk I see great inspiration for what would be fantastic stone landscape style aquascapes.

Hi dantrasy.. Just got signed up only to reply to this thread.. Love the idea of your scape work.. I just did my scape about 1 month ago and makes me want to do a rescape.. Would love to do this kind of scape with small seiryu stones.. Btw, what is the make of the in and out flow of you pipes? They look like stainless steel or something..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks santoso. The pipes are stainless steel borneo wild.

Seiryu is nice rock but it messes with water chemistry too much imo. I prefer ohko.

Have you post pics of your tank?

no idea where it is. A friend sent me the pic and it's been my desktop wallpaper for a while. Looks perfect for a 60cm tank!

maybe sand instead of water? blue/black sand??

Here is a link to the original picture.

www.libertaddigital.com
Image: 230-es-la-noche-de-cesar-viajes-islandia-rpN_7ubd0NY.jpg

http://tv.libertaddigital.com/videos/2011-01-11/es-la-noche-de-cesar-viajes-islandia-6014763.html

Page: www.libertaddigital.com/historico/2011/01/11/

You must have been gutted when you saw that algae, great recovery though.

Cheers,

Steve.

Back