• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Steve's ADA 120P - Emerald Isles

Pure eye candy, Steve!

Can't wait to see it with the 3rd light and the background.
A real winner :)

Cheers,
Chris

Top job so far fella, it's looking awesome.

Hi ADA, Looking fab :thumbup:

Cheers :)

Very nice...

Stunning!

Cheers mate

Looks really promising, ADA! Great!

Thanks, I'm hoping so :)

Looks really nice:thumbup:

Just when I thought the dry start had failed, I was taking a closer look into things as I'm battling little problems bit by bit and working my way from the obvious to the undergrowth I noticed the Fissidens and Mini Pelia sprouting up, dunno if it's shot up since adding the 3rd aquagro or it's been there and I've not noticed it but it's everywhere, fingers crossed. :)

16892158330_59b81a766c_z.jpgEmerald Isles by -hayleyyoung1984-

16459558063_72fb206eb4_z.jpgEmerald Isles by -hayleyyoung1984-

16872317397_5bcb490f6c_z.jpgEmerald Isles by -hayleyyoung1984-

16891932948_14384be636_z.jpgEmerald Isles by -hayleyyoung1984-

After careful consideration and a losing battle I'm ripping out the Eleocharis and replacing with Monte Carlo, it's collecting all the debris after swapping tanks and the substrate swap that it keeps growing this light brown fuzz and it could really do with a fast growing stem in foreground so that's the plan. :) Also be adding a 5L bag of small grain Florbase too to cover any debris left. :)

Hi ADA , Cut it down to just above the substrate. It will soon bounce back sending out new shoots and runners ;) New growth should not collect as much algae

I did consider that but it's so slow growing and the only fast growers are the rear stems so tbh could prob do with some fast growing foreground plants, plus already ordered them lol, the Eleocharis will go in the missus 60. :)

Ok new plan, been syphoning this brown fuzz out for weeks now, CO2 is stable at 4bps, dosing daily Neutro + and Neutro CO2, filter is cleaned regularly, ammonia is zero and water changes regularly. Only thing I can think that caused this is moving all that substrate from one tank to another wet when the old tank blew it's silicon, I constantly have debris in the tank which gets caught in moss and hair grass and causes this brown fuzz. So, I just ordered 27L of ADA Amazonia, I'm gonna tear it down this weekend, clean wood and rocks with jet wash, use around 1/3 of the old Florabase and cover with Amazonia. :) No comps this year from the look of it with this delay but never mind. :)

Bummer...I had the same problem with Tulgey Wood...I got so fed up I came within a hairs breath of tearing it down and starting again several times...that scape was a tortuous journey but I learnt loads.
It took an age to settle down and was very high maintenance for some time...but when it finally did it was one of the most biologically stable and rewarding tanks I've ever had. Either way, whatever you decide to do good luck.

Reactions: ADA
Bummer...I had the same problem with Tulgey Wood...I got so fed up I came within a hairs breath of tearing it down and starting again several times...that scape was a tortuous journey but I learnt loads.
It took an age to settle down and was very high maintenance for some time...but when it finally did it was one of the most biologically stable and rewarding tanks I've ever had. Either way, whatever you decide to do good luck.

Thanks mate but I think it was all gonna go Pete Tong from the silicon going. :)

Hi ADA, Sorry to hear that :eek: So many problems all at onceo_O:(:( Hope all go's well from now mate

Yeah but I'm sure a fresh start will help, should have soaked the wood first too and got rid of the crap that came off it after it was submerged a few days, cheers mate. :)

Sorry to hear about the problems you have had ADA. Good luck with the re-scape.
Jim

Cheers mate :).

Back