• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(a little) Dutch on Rocks

@ Alexander. It's indeed althernathera reinekii (mini) but it looks big because I didn't trim it enough to keep it small leaved.

Time for a update.

15-3-15

DSC_0024.jpg

Everthing is been growing in nicely. I wanted in the right corner L. Arcuata but my local lfs sold me L. inclinata curly for it.:eek: So today I replaced the M.A. Roraima with L. palustris because the roraima was not giving my the right growing habits for what I was looking after and put some more Mayaca in the right corner. Pictures next time.

Today I also did a new hard scape for a breeding tank.

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

The setup will be low tech with ferns, moss, anubias and no light, it will nearby a window.

Patrick

Last edited:
Hi Roy, thanks for your nice words.

For my is it the same to you, your journals always inspire my and a lot other people I think.

Patrick

Update 10-4-15

DSC_0202.jpg

Nothing much to report, accept that I have to trim it. Plants are growing nice and I think, in two/three weeks to have him ready the way I like it (I sold the tank to a neighbour already but I need the final picture for myself).

Next, I planted the breeding tank a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_2322.jpg

Growing is fine, by just indiret sunlight and low-tech (for the picture I used a lamp). Slow, but easy and this week the fish will be introduced to it.

Patrick

Last edited:
could you have grown the plants with that light on the first pic ? notice you are using another lightset

nice to see you did a lot of prep work for the competition , mostly i see some are plug and play , plants not even grown in

@ Limz 777

I've you mean the Dennerle light, no, it is suppose to go on a 20 a 30 liter tank. I'm using it now and I think 20 liters is the max for it. The light set which I have on the tank right now, is a Easy led 18 watt (little overkill). For the competition, there are two version of it (called the same), one is at home by pictures send to Dennerle (I think you refer to that one) and the other one is at exhibitions were I competed (plug and play for 3 days, has more to do about scaping at the site). I can grow plants quick but not that quick :lol:.

Greetings Patrick

Hi all.
I haven't been around lately because this tank is sold and the final picture was send to the AIPLC 2015. So next update will be, as the result are coming in.
But a new scape is already around the corner and I will start a journal for that one.

Last pic.

DSC_0265.jpg

Just before the last trim, clean-up, grow and final picture.

Patrick

Back