• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Hunting Grounds

Gill

So I managed to bag a free 60L Biorb as it was being thrown away.
Been wanting to try a Large scale Bowl.
Still have the Baby going, just using it to grow Brine shrimp.
It Is Very Heavily Planted
Most plants are InVitro from Keenshrimp - they took the time to De-Gel the plants and make them into Plugs for me. So saved me loads of time.
And Rockpool Aquatics.
15 peices of Bogwood branches
2 Large peices of Ocean Rock - Covered in Christmas Moss.
Substrate is what came with the Biorb Capped with 2 inches of Zambezi.
I have used the Method of using Loom Bands to attach all the plants to small peices of buff chippings. And for all the Moss same method using suction cups.
Filter: Stock Biorb filled with Mature Sponges from seeded filter.
The main uplift tube has been turned into a Moving bed filter using White Hamma Beads, as suggested by TyneValley Richard Thew. As seen his MBF using them.
Also there is a Pico 300LPH Internal filled with Mature sponge.
Lighting is the Biorb Intellligent LED and 2 LED bars attached Vertically along the rear of the tank - They are color changing, so let them cycle thru the day. Lighting is on for 8-10 hours per day.
Water Change is once week 30%.
Feeding is a mix of Live foods - Cylops, Daphnia, Glass Worms, Brine Shrimp, Black Mosquito Larvae. And frozen Cylops. Dry is Hikari Micro, Tetra Crispa, King British Crushed Flake, Spirulina Flake - All crushed using a pestle and mortar.

Plants Used:
Didiplis Diandra, Echindorus Tennellus parv, Eleocharis Acicularis, Hygrophilia Araguaia, Limnophilia Aromatica, Lobelia Cardinalis mini, Marsilea Quadrifolia, Hydrocotyle Tripartita, Myriophyllum Tuberculatum, Prosernapica Palustris, Alternathera Red, Mariom Moss, Christmas Moss, Hydrocotyle rananuculus, Micro Java Fern, Bolbitis, Nymphoides taiwan, Fissidens Fontanus, Malayan Sword, Green Tiger Lotus.

The Fissidens was shredded and chucked in a bucket with bits of bogwood branches etc that I wanted to use. And took out the peicies that suited the scape the best.After a few months. And have let them grow.

Ferts: JBL Ferropol

Fish:
3 Black Line Short Nosed Pipefish,
Mixed M/F Scarlett Badis
Panda Guppy male with Mixed female guppies
A couple of WCMM
BBGobies
Cherry Shrimp
Cardinal Shrimp
Red Ramshorn Snails
Pond Snails
To Add:
Micro Crabs

Sorry for the crappy pix, only got the Phone
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/psgill00/library/The Hunting Grounds
DSC_0480_zps5yviv87d.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, Guppies are only in there till they drop. Then the fry are for the Pipefish. Once They have dropped they will go back into the main community tank. Along with the males.
Been watching one of the Pipefish this evening, it has been skulking after a particular berried female cherry. And stealthily picking them off from her. So interesting to watch. took a few pix, should have taken a video.

Back