• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3D printed CO2 diffuser

The last time I used solid works im certain it was a simple as export and the select stl from file types :) but im a complete noob and only designed a tube for 16/22 to 13mm filter hose:) No once you have drawn the cad its good to go. FYI max part size would be 180x180yby 100z mm

I have solidworks 2015, I'm going to google file types and see where we go from there. I think the up inline body will be the first test. looks like its time to strip mine down and measure the components then start playing around with some designs, it shouldn't be too difficult though their not that complicated. like I said in an earlier post we might have to do some final finishing of the printed parts to ensure their watertight. was the printer tolerance around 0.1mm?

he he just been having a play I should have used different sizes. the large tube is 20mm/16mm, its length is 30mm. the small tube is 4mm/2mm od/id and the length is 30mm from centre of large tube. the fillet radius is 2mm
DSC_6583_zps2rvmllta.jpg

Thats pretty good :) yes before i moved i was getting +/- 0.1. I'm pretty sure binary should be fine. Keep up the good work:)

Will they hold the pressure? How you going to attach the stone?
not 100% sure about the pressure, I was thinking the same thing earlier in the thread. I was thinking along the lines of a replacement body for the up inline ceramic and maybe a new body for the fluval disc too. I've just got my replacement up inline today and am thinking about getting started with a 1'st design

How quickly does it dry? While making it if you can create a groove for the stone, stop when the groove is at its upper limit, silicone the stone in place, carry on with the printing and seal the stone into the plastic! Now that would be awesome ;)

Back