• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

APS 2000EF

Right, it has been running now for several hours and still sounds like a washing machine, I just cannot get all of the air out. Will wait until the co2 switches off as that could be the cause! If it is I will somehow have to connect my UP Inline Atomizer. I have worked out that the larger hose will fit over the screw thread on the UP so may have to try that with Jubilee clips. The motor hum may get quieter or I may be able to ignore it ;)

C02 will have the same effect as air in that it can accumulate & cavitate the impeller.
However you might have air & C02 in there at the moment!

Yes I think you are right fox.....At the moment there is not enough co2 going into the tank and will have to re-adjust all over again as long as the filter can take it. I have got an empty basket in there so it may be causing a cavitation problem? I will put some media in it tomorrow at water change.
Also, although I can "fit" the hose over the Inline diffuser, going from the large bore of this hose to the small UP tube may cause problems. Other than that it will mean going back to a ceramic diffuser:(

Would this work?? The large 25mm hose is going in/out bottom to top and the 16/22 going out at the T then through the UP Inline Atomizer back through another T and the 25/18 hose carries on through that T bottom to top!

z49fZPH.jpg

Firstly I can say that this Filter is way more messy than the Eheim was. As for taking pipework off and taking the power head off, water over the living room carpet but managed to soak up with towels and the wife has not noticed ( yet) :eek:
Well the rest of the day was no better!! Water change went ok and I managed to get the by pass fitted, then promptly broke my JBL bubble counter! (ordered a new one) So connected a small one which is just a stream of bubbles!
Re started the filter and my by pass pipework decided to leak everywhere so had to strip it all down again and applied more LS-X jointing compound and it stopped leaking.
The long spraybar has started making a bit of a high pitched whine and the fish decided to all go to the opposite end of the tank. The noise seems to have stopped now.
Switched on the co2 and hardly any bubbles coming out of the spraybar! I have checked the by pass hose and can see large bubbles coming out of the Atomizer and travelling up and out of the spraybar so the Inline Atomizer seems to have stopped working properly.
I have ordered a 65mm Bazooka diffuser from one of our sponsers and I just hope that the bubbles produced will manage to get all around the tank.:thumbdown:
On the positive side.................The flow from this filter appears to be good!!

Just to add that the co2 directly into the filter inlet created a constant washing machine noise and very regular burping!

Hi John,
That is tomorrows job...but when I saw the bubbles exiting up the bypass they were big bubbles.

Have you got any flow in your bypass loop?

If not this could explain the gas build up.

In one shop with a monster FX2 ? Bucket sized filter with 25mm pipes, they had a 16/22 mm loop with an UP atomizer on, but the main larger non bypass piece of pipe (clear PVC) had a clamp on it, clearly restricting flow forcing water around the atomizer loop.

Hi Ian,
Yes I have flow. I have my main hose going from bottom to top on both T connectors and the 16/22 from the T through Up Inline and back to the main hose through the other T.

Hi foxfish,
That is how I have mine, I will have to investigate further!

Just received my APS 2000EF+ today and have just finished setting it up.

Well impressed with the media capacity & flow, mine is silent.

Just not impressed with the spray bar so I think I will look into making one myself just need to figure out which size pipe & fittings to get.

Hope you're getting yours sorted Bertie.

Nigel.

Just received my APS 2000EF+ today and have just finished setting it up.

Well impressed with the media capacity & flow, mine is silent.

Just not impressed with the spray bar so I think I will look into making one myself just need to figure out which size pipe & fittings to get.

Hope you're getting yours sorted Bertie.

Nigel.

Well mine is certainly not silent,although my son's one is, but is getting better. The pipework is very flimsy but for the price it is ok. I am using a diy spraybar along my back wall.

Do you know I cannot remember!! I got them from a web site with "fluffy" in the web address (I think) as I had a comp crash and had to re-load.:confused: But I got the instructions from UKAPS somewhere (with a formula to work out hole size etc)....I might need to replace it though as it was made to replace my Eheim spraybar and I fancy clear Acrylic which you can get from e-bay with searching,although this one is working well. I did find it a pig to get the holes in a straight line.
Good Luck with yours.

Back