• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
even more. I have only one trusted in whole Dublin.
even better it made my day as I completed the stamp card
(for every 25eur spent they give you a stamp, collect
10 stamps and get 50quit free ive stock or plants). so
just spent 25quit to complete the card and got a lots of fish for free :) :)

just a tiny photo update with some of my tank mates

dwarf puffer
16951353740_ffcfbbb86f_z.jpg

amano
17138896885_cefbbfc8c6_z.jpg

female GBR (little bit stressed, as the male is kindA Bossy)
16951355790_8cd05382d5_z.jpg

GBR male. very bossy. In general hates females (my guess)
17112955676_31701dc8fd_z.jpg

16931497127_2fa9ef3531_z.jpg

at the sunset (did some large cutback on plants recently)
16931496617_b584c4090f_z.jpg

17138897195_4d9c60a3ea_z.jpg

Hi Lauris

Great journal, tanks for sharing. Just one question: are you happy with the IKEA cabinet? I mention it because for my new 36 cm tank I am using a modified IKEA kitchen cabinet which is perfect (nicer and cheaper than my previous DIY attempts) and I am seriously considering to do something similar for my 60 cm tank but I was not sure if it was going to be ok as the weight in that case is around 70 kg. your cabinet looks perfect, as it was done for this tank size!
I have noticed your pipes come from the back of the cabinet, isn't it? I assume you have modified or completely removed the back part, right?

Jordi

Hi! Thank you!

I must say I'm more than happy with IKEA cabinet. For the cheap money it came and quality. I did cut back plate to get the pipes through. Easy job. But the cabinet is worth every penny. I'm thinking about bigger tank to fit the same gap. Funny enough but I'm checking IKEA for cabinet first. As not often they have something alike. But it will be starting point. Before I even will order a tank so I can order the right size tank when I will sort cabinet first. Lol

I am planted!

Yep. BESTÅ series Vara White.
But it's removed from catalogue now. Might be something eslse went in as a replacement or they just don't have it in my country available

I am planted!

just went through this whole journal, looks so good!

I've always preferred black backgrounds but you've convinced me otherwise- really like seeing the silhouettes of the fish in the video with the light off! Quick question: did you have any trouble at all with the puffers and pygmy cories? I thought puffers were quite angry little things, and the pygmy puffers are similar in size.

An update on the anubias 'pinto' would be good too!

just went through this whole journal, looks so good!

I've always preferred black backgrounds but you've convinced me otherwise- really like seeing the silhouettes of the fish in the video with the light off! Quick question: did you have any trouble at all with the puffers and pygmy cories? I thought puffers were quite angry little things, and the pygmy puffers are similar in size.

An update on the anubias 'pinto' would be good too!
Hi. Thanks for reading through.

Dwarf puffers.. I have them in my current setup for anout 4-5months now. They saved my life in the neverending battle with pest snails. It was the actual reason why they were introduced in this project. So far so good and I find them very piecefull and neutral in regards to all other fish I have in. No nasty behaviour. They really do not bother anyone else (I have 2 of them). I know some ppl say they are not community fish and should be kept in spiecies tank only. But so far not in my case. Fortunately

I am planted!

Hi. Thanks for reading through.

Dwarf puffers.. I have them in my current setup for anout 4-5months now. They saved my life in the neverending battle with pest snails. It was the actual reason why they were introduced in this project. So far so good and I find them very piecefull and neutral in regards to all other fish I have in. No nasty behaviour. They really do not bother anyone else (I have 2 of them). I know some ppl say they are not community fish and should be kept in spiecies tank only. But so far not in my case. Fortunately

I am planted!

Might have to try it myself then! I want pygmy cories, but have SO MANY trumpet snails.... I'm guessing if the corys go in first the puffers will be less likely to nibble on them?

Also, potentially dumb Q, but what do the puffers leave behind of the snails? Shell fragments or anything? If they just leave shells behind is not going to look much different!

I would do so. As I also did. Puffers were introduced later. Puffers just nip them out from shells and leave shells behind. But I have not even a single shell. With water changes they go and also they dissolve I think. At least my army of pest snails was defeated literally in a day of two having only 2 of puffers. They are capable of killing legions.

"This is SPARTAAAA".
300_spartan.jpg

lol

I am planted!

Last edited:
Yep. BESTÅ series Vara White.
But it's removed from catalogue now. Might be something eslse went in as a replacement or they just don't have it in my country available

I am planted!
Confirmed, it is available at least in the Spanish shops in the living room section. Saw it yesterday. The funny thing is that they recommended not to put more than 20 kg on it!
Great tank (and you've saved me a lot of headaches Lauris!)

Jordi

I'm glad you foundit. Whatever they say about 20kg this one is very solid when put together

I am planted!

Thanks Karla!

However I think it has not reached its full potential yet. I really would like to let it grow out of its current shape. I guess this project should last another 6 months at least.

I am planted!

Back