• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 40m Amano Tank

CO2_6TON_720.aspx.jpg

Something like this
Or maybe a 2 meters diameter Pollen Glass Beetle... ;)

Jordi

Awesome...although the positioning of some of those little rocks at around 1:07mins in on the first video could do with some work:D
But no way is this tank low-energy...:rolleyes:

As much as i like the project, i don't like it when they call it :

"To Recreate
Native Ecosystems in Full Scale"

not anywhere does it resemble a native ecosystem. But that's probably just me. Does sell well though, and atracts people...........

the numbers are just crazy!!! :eek:

A dream for every Nature Aquarium enthusiast and a dream for the creator of Nature Aquarium, Mr. Takashi Amano has taken up the challenge to create the worlds largest Nature Aquarium, 'Florestas Submersas' in Lisbon, Portugal.
The aquarium holds about 160,000 Litres of water and many many aquatic plants.
  • Some of the statistics for you to drool on.
  • 8,000 kg of Aquasoil Amazonia substrate.
  • 78 Large driftwood weighing almost 2,000 kgs
  • 40 tropical freshwater-fish species.
  • 25,000 kg of volcanic rocks
  • 4,000 kg of La Plata sand
  • 3,500 kg of ADA Power Sand Special L.
  • 2,500 kg of porous rocks.
  • Thousands of seedlings (46 species of Aquatic plants sourced from around the world)
The design took almost 2 years and a team of 40 people put together the final aquascape in Oceanário de Lisboa. The 'Florestas Submersas' at the Oceanário de Lisboa will be open to public from April 23rd 2015 and before which at the inauguration we wish to thank the Legend in Amano and congratulate him on this great achievement.
Please post your message here and show your passion and gratitude to the man who is behind the Nature Aquarium of the 21st century. Your messages will be presented to Mr. Amano during the inauguration ceremony of 'Florestas Submersas' on 21 April 2015.
quoted from http://www.weloveamano.com/

Its now open!

See you there in the second week of July :) Any one care to join me????

Compare with this one after planting!!

:)

That is very impressive but I really don't care for all the white cosmetic sand. To me it looks contrived rather than "nature".

Maybe he was thinking of sun kissed tropical island beaches whilst planning...

I'm starting to believe that people are thinking that "real life" is what they see in contest aquariums ( I'm not talking about Chris Jackson) .

If you see the amount of travel needed to find these spots, and some are only clear water part of the year, you'll realise these are very rare situations. The amount of time spent in a car is made abundantly clear in Ivan's expedition vid's. I do scoure the net to find info on these as i always try to find usable data for a biotope tank.

Trying to put together a trip to see this in July hopefully! Hoping the girlfriend says yes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have just got back from lisbon, sadly i left a day before it opened :( the aquarium is quite something anyway and definitely worth a visit.
Will be booking again for next month.
Damn bad timing!! Good excuse to go back though. Ive had the green light to book a trip there. Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i had no idea there was so much white sand to be had in the Amazon or so many underwater videos on YT.

Imagine this much flow in a tank...

That is mesmerizing, and very relaxing...viewed on a big screen you could almost be there.

Back