• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lifestyle Programme Idea?

Okay, so for Media Studies we have to think up a new idea for a health and lifestyle show... e.g. jamie oliver's ministry of food, gordon ramsay's f word, cook a long live, embarassing teenage bodies etc.

Problem is, I can't think of one for the life of me. Any ideas? The concept doesn't nesessarily have to be new... but I just need some ideas :? ;)

dominatrix style lady chases fat people around an 800metre track 3 times a week with a whip while shouting encouragement. It has all the ingredients of a much loved show:

1. People suffer humiliation.
2. Viewers will be sympathetic.
3. There's a fit woman in it.
4. There'll be loads of crying (see whip).

or you could go safe:

a six week series where the viewers are actively involved:

1. Everyone texts/emails in their details in week one - height, weight etc...
2. The show shows you different exercises each week and 7 new healthy meals for people to do.
3. Next week everyone texts in what they've gained/lost with pictures. And the presenter says 'well done Tracy you lost 1lb from your 23 stone this week!
4. Phone up some people who haven't done well just to make them cry!

It's got to include celebrities too though otherwise noone would watch. (if either of these shows are ever aired i want a six figure payment in £'s)

Both great ideas guys, thanks! The only thing is... I need to make a website and a feature for a magazine / tv ad for the show, which would be a bit hard for both of those ideas. aaron - i would have to get some fatties and wouldn't want to offend anyone, plus i don't know that many overweight people surprisingly :D and joecoral - it would be quite hard to make it realistic as a tv ad etc. iliveinazoo - i'm not sure how i would do your first idea although it's quite intersting. i really like your second idea though, i would do something with that maybe

thanks for the ideas though! i really do apreciate it. i'm thinking of something about weight, but more so healty eating, because they are big issues at the moment

more ideas are welcome and appreciated :) thanks

(p.s. these shows won't actually be aired unless some production company miraculously catches on and loves the idea :lol: )

Okay, thanks to Iliveinazoo, I've just had one of my moments. Now let it be known that these moments don't occur very often, but when they do... it's simply amazing.

I've got an idea. :lol:

You know Gordon Ramsay's Cookalong live, right? Well we could have a fitness-along live type-thing. Like, a different celebrity presents it each week and it's basically a cross between one of those workout DVDs and cookalong live.

If anyone's got any other ideas though... ;) thanks guys

Iliveinazoo said:
dominatrix style lady chases fat people around an 800metre track 3 times a week with a whip while shouting encouragement. It has all the ingredients of a much loved show:

Lol where do I sign up... :twisted: ......... :lol: :lol:

How about 'Permanent Wife Swap' where the agreed parties swap wives for good and the style of their lives is permanently altered with it.

I will be first and although it is pot luck who you're going to get. The odds are with me I can assure you ;)

AC

Back