• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New cave scape (need suggestions)

navneethtk

So starting another cave scape, this time the dimensions of the tank are weird, it's 18"*12"*9" (lbh)

I want to make 2-3 bridges in the limited depth creating a cave with light falling through it. If anyone has reference pics please post them, I saw one done by hamsa Arif which I really liked.

I got leds made by a friend.
f528af7b4f0c4cfec3a000be8b8b78d7.jpg

Soil I'm going for caribsea Ecocomplete this time.

Started with the foundation and the first phase:
c55bcf2694baf3ab7f08d5b2c65c265c.jpg

Ignore the weird pointy stone on the left. That I just kept to guide myself to make the first cave. The lowest few stones I've arranged is to just give support, will arrange them again later.

I need help in what plants to go for and the best way to keep the caves steady, unlike my previous scape where the bridge took support of the glass this will be a freestanding structure so I need some tips to construct it. I was thinking of a stainless steel wire and mesh to build the frames of the bridges and do some rockwork around it.

Any other better options?

sent from my Sony z2

Hi, clear aquatic sealer is good for sticking rocks, I damp the rocks a little wait for the rock to dry a bit, then apply the sealer. The reason I do this is if I want to use the rocks again differently, the sealer comes off easier.

Can't see why you can't use wires though just more fiddly.

Back