• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Pro 3 350 - What's in your baskets ?

tubamanandy

Just recently started using an Eheim Pro 3 350 on my 20 gallon tank which may well be overkill but I dont think so at the moment.

I'm using all of the standard Eheim filter material that you get with the filter BUT I can see that it clearly slows the flow down quite a bit.

I think the filter has 4 compartments, what do you use in your Eheim Pro 3 so you get good mechanical and biological filtration yet do not hinder the flow too much ?

Remove floss. Halve the amount of ceramic balls and the square ceramic 'thingies'. Remove all black plastic 'rings' at the bottom with 3-4 washing-up scrubbers. Add a bag of purigen in middle tray, carbon too if you wish. Enjoy flow!

P

I really need to take photos for all these threads.
Mechanical filter consists of a coarse sponge pre-filter wrapped around the filter intake cleaned weekly.
In the filter you can put whatever media you want as the bacteria will stick to sponges, noodles, pot scrubbers, lego bricks they don't really care and you really don't need much maybe a small handful in two of the trays as the filter is vastly over size for you tank and you care about flow and BOD. Water changes will take care of the rest for crystal clean water.

If I really really want to remove particles (I can't see anyways because I have co2 bubbles everywhere) for taking photos then I'll throw in some carbon, purigen and some floss the night before and take it out afterwards but usually I' far to lazy to do that.

You can read some more in this thread.

Back