• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

T5 Replacement LED Tubes

I echo the previous comments! I just bought one of these and plants seem to be doing much better. All of them are pearling but I am not sure if pearling is a sign of good health although they haven't done this before on T8 Sun glo.

The light is equivalent to 2 T5HOs as per their ad. I have contacted them for PAR readings and will put them here as soon as I get them.

I echo the previous comments! I just bought one of these and plants seem to be doing much better. All of them are pearling but I am not sure if pearling is a sign of good health although they haven't done this before on T8 Sun glo.

The light is equivalent to 2 T5HOs as per their ad. I have contacted them for PAR readings and will put them here as soon as I get them.

Cheers,

Worshipper, when you say you just bought one of these, which one are you referring to, any pictures possibly?

Steve

Next move on...cheap, china and decent light output are words not found together.

1. They state they are T8 replacements so expect low light. Bad start.
2. They don't state lumens. 2nd bad start.
3. Do use 3014LED, not a brilliant choice, generally 50-60lm/W (unless Cree or Lumileds etc but not at that price). So for 900mm tube @ 14W @ 60lm/w -> 840lumens. A 900mm T8 tube is 850lumens. So surprise surprise the same.
4. The 900mm Aquatlantis LED is 3824lumens. No competition....

Thanks Troi, the 1200mm version is £224.49 on the Aquatlantis website and only £143.93 plus £10.60 delivery on Amazon. The dimmer control unit on Aquatlantis website is £59.99 and only £41.84 on Amazon plus £10.60 delivery on Amazon, so quite a saving. I wonder why that is?

The T5 tubes I have got are 1149mm which is an odd size so I am not sure which size LED I would need.

Steve

Next move on...cheap, china and decent light output are words not found together.

1. They state they are T8 replacements so expect low light. Bad start.
2. They don't state lumens. 2nd bad start.
3. Do use 3014LED, not a brilliant choice, generally 50-60lm/W (unless Cree or Lumileds etc but not at that price). So for 900mm tube @ 14W @ 60lm/w -> 840lumens. A 900mm T8 tube is 850lumens. So surprise surprise the same.
4. The 900mm Aquatlantis LED is 3824lumens. No competition....

Hi Ian, yeah I thought as much, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Steve

Oh I like the look of these AquaAtlantis units!

I've been looking at upgrading my old T8 Juwel Lido unit to the new model Juwel High-lite T5's. The AquaAtlantis LED works out about the same price as the Juwel High-lite unit and would give about the same amount of light.

Am I right in thinking that the AquaAtlantis LED is not as high-power as a TMC Gro-beam? I'm planning to go low-tech dirted so I think the Gro-beam would be too strong but this could be perfect.

The AquaAtlantis LED works out about the same price as the Juwel High-lite unit and would give about the same amount of light.
No it doesn't you will need two AquaAtlantis units to match the Juwel T5HO lumen output.

No it doesn't you will need two AquaAtlantis units to match the Juwel T5HO lumen output.

Are you sure? The AllPondSolutions blurb says that "Using one Easy LED Universal system is the equivalent of using two T5 luminaires on your fish tank." Worshiper above also mentioned it is equivalent to two T5HO's.

The 438mm length is rated at 1738 lumens but I don't know how that compares to T5 :oops:

Are you sure? The AllPondSolutions blurb says that "Using one Easy LED Universal system is the equivalent of using two T5 luminaires on your fish tank." Worshiper above also mentioned it is equivalent to two T5HO's.

The 438mm length is rated at 1738 lumens but I don't know how that compares to T5 :oops:
The Juwel Daylight tubes are 1200 lumen each.
86324.png

I'm sure I've read at least 100 times on here that lumens are not a good measure of PAR

Back