• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boulder Dash - Mini S

The_Iceman

Ahoi UKAPS!

As my next bigger project still needs some additional time, I thought it would be a good idea to start something "smaller" in the meantime ;)

I had some spare stones left, including some Soil, so I bought a small Mini S for the Window sill :)

It will be nothing fancy, just a plain simple Iwagumi including:

Riccia Fluitans Mini
HCC
perhaps UG in the background
Eleocharis Mini or Helanthium Tenellum

ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia was used for the bigger hill in the back, but I used the "Powder" to cover the rough, big soil in the front and on top of everything.

As a filter I will use a plain, simple Eheim Skim.

But before I'm going to write even more, here are the first pics of the "Boulder Dash":
16946267919_e1aa211369_c.jpg

And the top view:
17131945701_de4a47d4fd_c.jpg

For sure, the small stones will be covered later on, but well, looks kind of natural this way :lol:

Cheers,
Chris

Thank you guys! Will update everything as soon as possible (when I'm back home from my trip to Florida) ;)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ahoi UKAPS,

sorry guys, it took a while to get everything sorted ;)

Finally had the time to finish the Mini S and do some work on the 60P.
First things first, here is the update:

17461014506_e78783f374_c.jpg

Plants are HCC and Riccia "Dwarf". Starting "dry" now, to see how the HCC will grow in, as it was not very much left in my spare plant box :lol:

Cheers,
Chris

That's new for you I think... I mean starting dry. I like it, Chris! It looks peaceful.. A small beauty!:thumbup:

Cheers,
Daniel

It's great what you did with the stones. On the top view i thought the stone group are in the back since the tank is small, but bringing them to the front part gave a perfect deepness to the layout. Love what you did with it. And the stones looks superb. :thumbup::clap:

Very artfully done Iceman, a serene little scape.

What kind of hardware will you be using? Filter and CO2 set up? I see you are using your modified Ikea Led.

Hi luckyjim,

as I don't need much filtration this time, I think I will use my Eheim Skim OR (if I'm really going to spend some additional bucks) the ADA Vuppa as filter.

CO2 will be either BioCO2 or the Fluval CO2 Set or the Tropica one... both are looking quite nice and very cheap compared to other systems.

My IKEA light will be changed to a Flexi Mini LED soon ;)

Cheers,
Chris

Does the upgraded IKEA light have more power than the Flexi Mini LED or am I wrong? :lol:

Really good hardscape man!

I'd be tempted to round down the front left and right soil, accentuate the curve you have going on. (my 2c)

Thanks Dantrasy,

I feel honoured after seeing your fantastic Ohko Ocean!
You mean the soil foreground, right?

Actually I thought about it, but I prefer the Amano-like "flat and even" front ;)

@Daniel: Well the Flexi Mini has more Lumen than my Ikea light ;) In terms of filtratrion: I will now build something on my own... stay tuned ;)

Back