• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
f6a4829558c50e53e1485b05858be7ca.jpg

Spoiled. Received today from Co2art. Well. Solid. Great and does the job.

I am planted!

Hi Lauris, looking good. It looks as glass but I guess some parts are made of plastic, isn't it? Can you please tell me the length of the pipe? I was also considering to buy one of this for a new layout

Jordi

Hi, Jordi!
I'll give you the measure this evening. The parts on skimmer claimed by co2art are made from 90% of glass. So acrylic. It is neat, solid build (the glass pipe itself). I like it much

I am planted!

Jordi! My apologize, forgot to take measures
found the ones in co2art:
http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...cts/lily-pipe-surface-skimmer-o17mm-16mm-22mm
third question/answer should give you a measures you looking for

a lil photo update
GBR female (just few min befor laid eggs)
17344112772_18dd3ba4f7_z.jpg

GBR male
17344113082_b095b5d9d4_z.jpg

Pigmy corry working hard
17158441990_fa571c096e_z.jpg

Embers, all for one and one for all
17158441020_2b03c1cf53_z.jpg

Amanos puts up some fight
17345626221_f284fea649.jpg

FTS
17159781469_ffc3da7049_c.jpg

17320030206_e5595df1b8_c.jpg

After 2 years of neverending hustle with EI ferts, 1 month ago changed my fertilization habits and ferts
Results are much better than ever. Tropica Specialized + EL pure K. Feeling blessed and now
increasing light intensity and photo period does not give me any troubles

and this is my todays maintenance TL, just for a change

Last edited:
That video was great, so much nicer than my maintenance..... dragging out dead plants and swearing at mucky water!

Did you say they bred Lauris? How did it go, are you goingto raise the fry?

hi. they tried. first parenting failed. eggs just varnished in 2 days. maybe they did not guard well. but they may spawn as often as once in 2-3 weks. and first few times may fail. but if I will have some success with them I will setup spare tank for fry.

I am planted!

She delivered eggs week ago. when I introduced her male accepted her fine. after eggs male keeps acting again very bossy. this is 4th female I introduced to him. getting tired myself. will see how this will turn now. sometimes they hang around very well an female is in full colour. I say my male is very moody

I am planted!

Hi Lauris, this is one of my favourite tanks on here at the moment. How are you getting on with the skimmer? I snapped mine at the right angle join trying to clean it. :thumbdown:.

Do you mind if I just ask a couple of questions - I've just noticed that you've moved onto Tropica ferts, do you really think there's a difference? What do you mean by EL pure K? What is your dosing regime?

Cheers

James

Hi James! Thanks for your kind words first of all.

Skimmer - have no issues at all. Only part I'm cleaning, since it is in my setup, just the floating piece. but my one seems to be solid enough and I did not manage to break it (yet.lol.). what is surprising so far as I can be very clumsy.

Ferts. Switched to Tropica Specialized (all-in-one) but adding extra pure Potassium (K), product from Easy Life brand. 2 years I was using EI dry salts. on many projects. With EI I always got in troubles when increased light intensity. pipes getting dirty and need to clean once a month, geenish dust on glass to rub off on weekly basis, dosing as per recommended instructions also caused nitrate levels in 80-120ppm. Since I switched to Tropica+Potassium i have no issues with lowering lights (increased intensity), no greenish dust, no need to clean my glassware every 2 weeks, nitrates are down to 40ppm, plants are delivering more vibrant colours and finally are releasing oxygen as in video.

Fertilising regime:
on 90L on weekly water changes adding 6ml of Tropica liquid and 10ml potassium (as per intructions it should give me 4ppm potassium). then every morning 4 ml of Tropica all week around, and another 10ml of potassium on Wednesday.

I am planted!

Last edited:
Back