• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White spot on fin help

Try mass water changes for the next couple of weeks every few days, daily is better. Up the temp to 28C for 3-4 days at least as well (get slowly to that temperature then slowly get back) but make sure your oxygenation/surface movement is increased and see how it goes from there.
This is not white spot/ich if that's what you are wondering.

Thanks for the reply, what do you think caused it and what diseases is it?

I think it could be a water quality issue and can clear up on its own.
If it's a wound of some sort that got infected temporary raising the temp may clear it up as certain bacteria and fungus that specifically can cause this don't like the temperature high, plus speed up the fish's immune system for long enough to also fight it off. It is a risk enough, as other bacteria and also parasites like higher temp but sometimes one needs to chose what to do.
The other option is the issue to have been initially caused by an ecto parasite of some sort.
So starting with water quality is the best, especially that could be the issue if your fish is behaving normally otherwise. Plus changing the water and cleaning up well will reduce the amount of the pathogenic things that may have multiplied happily for one or another reason and turned parasitic. Those things can become harmless again the same way they used to once you turn around the tables for them.

My peackock goby had a white spot on one of its side fins. I let it be. It went away on its own. Did you add any new fish recently?

Thanks very much temp is up and just done 40% water change no new fish added recently. Will see how it goes on she is looking happy eating swimming etc.
Thanks again
Justin

So after four days with the temp up and a few water changes the spot is100% gone. I now think this indeed was a wound so thanks all above spot on advice(pun intended).
Justin

Back