• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC Tiles LEDs Out

forever

So whilst cleaning the TMC tiles today I noticed that on one tile two LEDs are not working and on the other three !!! Are they repairable? Only had them 18 months or so, pretty poor effort given the amount they cost!!!

Probably worth contacting TMC. Don't they have a 2 year guarantee (or maybe longer?).
They have 5, but because i no longer have the receipt its a no go, sad really :(. They offer a repair service at a max of 85.00 if they have to replace everything so its a case of do i buy new or go for the repair.. TBH, i am not impressed with the fact that they have gone so quickly... My homemade Chinese LEDs are still go good ...

They have 5, but because i no longer have the receipt its a no go, sad really :(. They offer a repair service at a max of 85.00 if they have to replace everything so its a case of do i buy new or go for the repair.. TBH, i am not impressed with the fact that they have gone so quickly... My homemade Chinese LEDs are still go good ...

Just make up a fake receipt in Word? They don't do anything special, it's just a bit of paper.

So to close this out i have the option to return to them, if its the controller it will cost me £35 + postage, if the seals etc cannot be reused its capped at £85.00 plus postage, TBH it pretty poor form that these so called premium lights are not worth the premium (or rather don't lose your receipt!!).
So my advice if looking at the TMC lights is don't!!!
I think I am just going to run them until they all go out, TBH i cannot really tell when they are over the tanks that some are off..

There's a fair few been going on eBay over the last couple of months with leds out. I reckon I've seen at least 12 or so. It's culled my interest in them...

true i have also seen that, must be some kind of issue given how long they should be lasting....

In my opinion its your fault for a) not registering, or b) not keeping the receipt

Things go wrong with electrical items. It just happens. What matters between products is warranty, and if it is 5yrs like mentioned, then this is pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBH its still rubbish, they have a manufactured date on them so its not as if they don't know how old they are..
And the fact they have a high pitched whining when new goes to show they have not been manufactured correctly...

have you contacted tmc or just the seller?

I think dissing a company on open forum when YOU lost your receipt is pretty bad form. My experience of tmc customer care is very good. they were more than happy to replace my faulty units. they even came the very next morning. They are a forum sponsor, why don't you air your complaint in their sub forum where they can have their say too

TBH, I don't care if they are a forum sponsor or not, regardless of whether I have the receipt or not they have a manufactured date, and its clear they are within that period.
Also judging by the fact there are numerous cases of failed LEDs with these units tells a story.
I have not been over the top or abusive, its a public forum and I am sharing my disappointment...

Also judging by the fact there are numerous cases of failed LEDs with these units tells a story.

how many have been modified, by unqualified people, to stop a whining that isn't really a problem. It doesn't really tell an accurate story does it? and when people try to make things seem much worse than they actually are isn't really fair to the manufacturer is it?

TBH, I don't care if they are a forum sponsor or not, regardless of whether I have the receipt or not they have a manufactured date, and its clear they are within that period.
does that translate to "Talk to the hand" or "Am I bothered" :lol::lol::lol:

how many have been modified, by unqualified people, to stop a whining that isn't really a problem. It doesn't really tell an accurate story does it?

But if they're willing to repair them for him if he has his receipt, this is kinda tangential. Presumably they've got some sort of tamper seal on it so they can tell if the unit has been modified. This isn't the reason they aren't offering to repair his unit. I think everyone at some point has had an item break within warranty only to realise they've lost the receipt. Chalk it up to experience and start scanning them!

Obviously they're a business and this is one way they can save some money. If they offered to repair everyone's they may end up having to charge slightly more (customer satisfaction is obviously valuable though). Rather than hoping for change, you just have to make sure you're not one of the people getting done

Some of it also comes down to how you stand by your product. I had a LG TV develop a fault called them up they repaired based off the serial number and manufactured date. I don't see why if you are confident in your product you would not offer the same.
Anyway as a forum sponsor I am sure they can comment on this thread if they so wish :).

How did you pay for your lights? If it was by card or paypal you could get a copy of the transaction?

I agree with your point about a manufacturing date or serial number. One of my Eheims had the pump head repaired for free as they could tell it was in warranty even though I'd mislaid the receipt.

it was on a credit card, but it just says the vendors name (which is a garden center with a fish shop :)) rather than what the item was :(

Back