• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vaz and Ryan - Juwel Rio 125 - Video + New Set up :)

Hello guys,

Good recovery though!
that look a lot better. give the hc a big massive trim should do the trick.
cheers
ryan
Wow! What an improvement!
Wow good job on the recovery!

Thank you very much for the support. It was nightmare to clean it to be honest. Still lots of death leafs (specially at the bottom of the plants) and lost of death algae everywhere.

I will do my weekly water change tomorrow so I will clean / suck it it as much as I will can. Also thank you Ryan for the tip I will cut the HC hard.

I will post some pictures in Sunday with the actual damage done and recover.

Plants started to pearl again :)

Hi guys,

I was not around much for last past week as everything at work is a bit hectic right now. I also changed the left corner and did not want to shoot it as soon as I plant it.....

So ... So far so good. If you look on the pictures below it's looks like nothing change at all over the months...

Well my tank had to recover after the algae bloom and now everything is back to normal...

As I said left corner has been changed...
So. Japan has been removed as I started to hate the messy look and it's just didn't grow as we were planing at first time.
I changed for Lobelia cardinalis and Lobelia cardinalis mini. Staurogyne sp. is still there. You can have a look below:
1b62aeca8c029e72bb102b3def9ebeb4.jpg

f19df9d11cea21656b1a605ec2e11e54.jpg

The right corner is still recovering from the algae. The Staurogyne Porto Velho died completely after black out and had to be replanted. The right corner is the worst atm and I am not able to bring it to the stage as it was before...

I even thinking about removing the stones and change the corner little bit. Will see how it will go.....

We have more life stock in now as well...
Some neon tetras and rummy nose tetras. The HC carpet has been hit very hard again after the algae and black out...

83af31dcf4516bf842b8efd4ac6fe68b.jpg

33e4d448bd628dd07c8aa9a9a80ab675.jpg

Any ideas for the right corner are welcome...

Hi Vaz and Ryan, Sorry to hear about your problems :( Fantastic recovery a job well done there :clap:

The Scape is looking wonderful again :woot::thumbup:
thank greenfinger. the tank is that vaz house because my room is full of tanks hahah. anyways vaz has done a great job of cleaning the algae alot of people would give up at that point.

if you want to change things up you could change the tall plant for something shorter like Ammania sp. Bonsai and Marsilea, its like glosso but alot more slower grow.

Hi guys,

Firstly let me thank you all for the great support :)

So it was about the time for hard cutting everything. Specially the bush below I know most people doesn't have frogbit in high tech tanks, however I really love the roots :)

f67f34da4c4302c845f7324959110006.jpg

The right side has been cut as well and now everything bushing up again :)
After half of the tank done

a9fd4bdd0cd6113c3eef205e74268f1a.jpg

Few more pictures of the tank HC finally started to fill after I kill it 3 times already as well as I an able to see my moss at the back again too :D

4d1ecb8086b61cdfc05e4e47abccaa90.jpg

d3ac3a1c5d54308c78ac2aa087172958.jpg

a54c7a589b8934244f7797a28161c0e9.jpg

ff6a9bde82885d61398d42401369d43b.jpg

d34d6b268bedaa1f2e0e454b41a74e62.jpg

Also if any one need the cuttings of rotala I happy to sent to you for small donation to forum.

639d3afa1e04e15751ef54a92f4b2b24.jpg

I will pack few frogbits as well to it if you wish :)

Overall things are now much better :)

Hi guys,

One month passed and no update..... I am sorry I realise that just now :p

Time going very fast for me now as I am pretty busy right now at work and I do not have much time for anything right now. Thinking about buying another tank tho :D

OK. Regarding the set-up not much changed and no pictures this time as there is actually nothing to shoot as I finally got the time to cut the jungle so everything is now cut hard and as soon as it will look somehow I will post pictures again :)

Only thing new in the tank is a huge red worm in my substrate :S Almost s... myself while cutting the HC carpet :p

However still not quite happy about the left corner tho. This might get removed AGAIN :D and probably changed for Ammania sp

But will keep it for now and see later on. If you guys have any suggestions what to put there let me know :)

Hello guys :)

I decided to upload short video that you can see what actually happening in the tank...

Update

So no much change in the scape / tank. Right corner will need hard trim again. The Rotala behind the wood has bee trimmed again and it's growing back now. Only thing is the glosso which making ne go crazy. It's just sitting there and chilling. Other than that things are fine so far.

Regarding the video please excuse the shaking hands I drink too much coffee as well as I am smoker :D

The video bellow

Also as there is not much changing in this scape now and my other tank was too small I set up a new Low (???) Tech tank for them yesterday. I did not want to do another journal for that so I will merge them together...

Tank is Aqua one UFO 550 ( 100l )

I removed the internal filter and using me canister APS 1000l/hod. I installed spraybar at the back as well as added wavemaker under it for better flow:

6214f7beae514c410ff233da68ee4c6c.jpg

Started with soil substrate. Please forgot the bigger chunk of wood as I was never care about it and so far never anything happened

264c5aea0d826d133e011ecad4e744dd.jpg

Hard scape bellow... Did not have much to play with at home, whoever as I wanted to make nice beach in the front I end up with this....

fd231bcbd31f61d22608a7e64f8aa830.jpg

Final scape... My fish are still hide as soon as they spot my after the shock I gave them yesterday :(

Plants used

Anubias mini
Anubias Congensis round
..... Java fern
Red Crypts
Lobelia cardinals mini
Sage
Pogostemon Erectus
+++ at the back which you can not see right now

6796f449a331d983257ca9f9bb266885.jpg

Please let me know what you think about both scapes as well as if you have some suggestions :)

And as always thanks for support and looking :)

Quick update :)

Today I picked some nice plants from Hombase for my low tech :) Will plant them to hanging baskets on top of the tank :)

de7005c3adc6528fe191d61b5e3754c3.jpg

Peace lily
Spider plant
And fern

Never done that before but hopefully there is nothing to mess up

Just waiting for my planters / bathroom organizers :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Back