• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30cm cube - light unit

Hi Konrad,
I am not an expert but you will need to check with the PAR with the manufacturer. See what they come back with.
Also, it depends on what plants you want to keep, CO2, nutrients etc.

What makes you feel the light you currently have is insufficient? Just trying to find out so you dont end up £25.00 short when you may need to focus on something else.
Saying that I just purchased a new LED but only when I figured out that my plants weren't affected by the other factors mentioned above. Got some great advice on this forum and so went with it and havent regretted it :).

I'm
On the same note, same dims and looking for a light. Was just looking at the finnex. I know it's double price but maybe a better sure solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Konrad,
I am not an expert but you will need to check with the PAR with the manufacturer. See what they come back with.
Also, it depends on what plants you want to keep, CO2, nutrients etc.

What makes you feel the light you currently have is insufficient? Just trying to find out so you dont end up £25.00 short when you may need to focus on something else.
Saying that I just purchased a new LED but only when I figured out that my plants weren't affected by the other factors mentioned above. Got some great advice on this forum and so went with it and havent regretted it :).
Well, the one which I bought with the tank Is just single small LED. If I use that fish or shrimp may get lost ;) I only looked at this one as I like how it is designed.

I too have a 30x30x30cm cube, and I'm currently using a spiral CFL which works fine. But I've also had my eye on the chihiros 30cm LED with acrylic stand off ebay. Since I'm using the ADA aquasky 601 on another tank, and it gives me tons of light, I was planning to do the same with the 30cm cube because I really like the clean finished look of the fixture, and the high light output is a bonus.

I too have a 30x30x30cm cube, and I'm currently using a spiral CFL which works fine. But I've also had my eye on the chihiros 30cm LED with acrylic stand off ebay. Since I'm using the ADA aquasky 601 on another tank, and it gives me tons of light, I was planning to do the same with the 30cm cube because I really like the clean finished look of the fixture, and the high light output is a bonus.

I was thinking about chichiros myself but they are a bit too pricy - well not compering to Aquasky but a bit too much for me. Can you at least adjust the light level on them?

Chihiros are a lot cheaper than aquasky for sure. The good thing about those LED lights with acrylic stands is that the light output is pre-determined for you, usually at a high PAR level, which is good for taking the guess work out for newbs, but not so good if you just want to lift the fixture up to reduce intensity (because they're not dimmable). But overall it's a much cleaner look.

Back