• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Vaz and Ryan - Juwel Rio 125 - Video + New Set up :)

Hi guys,

Just quick update on what has been done...

Not much changed on the high tech tank.. The right side has been trimmed hard again. Really like this plant and definitely will be usinging it in future. Only thing is the front left side of the tank which driving me crazy as nothing want to grow there....

Picture of the tank:

0c4879cd3c437490af2ff43c46a28b1d.jpg

Right side which has been trimmed ( doesn't look so does it :D )

d0a469a400db061b1329eac1e39cd27a.jpg

Clever plants holding each other against my flow :)

c4382adf530ae5393e852180f368059d.jpg

Regarding the low tech tank I add the plants on top of it. Doesn't look as I originally wanted but I think still good :)

Planters finally arrived on Friday:

b70f4586ebfc5a9fa4307c5ba3d706a0.jpg

First pot done:

1d7727127e34a40bdd91a46ff5fa1b08.jpg

Two picture of the final look ( water still cloudy with messing around ) :

53db7303a70bd48eab070daf67a721ec.jpg

809101fb32c20fa1affab22cd7175b28.jpg

Hope you like it :)

Where did you buy the planters from? Also what substrate did you use in them?
The growth in the high tech is looking great :thumbup:

Where did you buy the planters from? Also what substrate did you use in them?
The growth in the high tech is looking great :thumbup:

HI mate :)

The planters I used are the ones bellow, however I will not use them anymore. The "Strong suction cups" are not so strong at the end and I had to build up custome brackets to hold the planters in place.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291151717719?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Also there is a cheaper version but did not use that one but I know few ppl here used it before:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERDESI..._DefaultDomain_3&hash=item280110822e#shpCntId

I useed mix of gravel and miracle grow and this is quite heavy and maybe this is why the suction cups could not hold it. However I will definately consider to go for the smaller version. Also I found this :

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/hanging-planters-use-emmersed-plants-on-a-aquarium.10325/

Hi Vazkez, The Hi Tech is looking fab :thumbup: With the LH side planting Crypts should grow there with some fert tabs or miracle grow added to the substrate :nailbiting:

Love the planters :woot: Miracle grow great NPK source. I have been trying this in one of my projects.Injecting it with a syringe after trimming HC Cuba works wonders ;)
One Q Would Miracle grow not just wash out of the gravel in the planters with the water flow around them ???

Hi Vazkez, The Hi Tech is looking fab :thumbup: With the LH side planting Crypts should grow there with some fert tabs or miracle grow added to the substrate :nailbiting:

Love the planters :woot: Miracle grow great NPK source. I have been trying this in one of my projects.Injecting it with a syringe after trimming HC Cuba works wonders ;)
One Q Would Miracle grow not just wash out of the gravel in the planters with the water flow around them ???

Hi mate I ma glad that you like it :)

Yes I was worried about that as well that the MC get washed out that is why I put fine mesh in the planters. So far so good :)

Also yes I will definately try cripts or something similar later on just want it to give a shoot and see but the peace lily growing some flowers so very happy so far :)

Hi all,

Sorry to not bringing any updates but I had quite busy weeks (work / holiday) :p

Not much change really just doing the same as everyone cutting > let it grow > cutting and so on. However there has been one major change in the tank. The HC cuba is gone :D I completely removed it. To be honest I started to hate it and the HC will never grow under the big wood as well as in the front on left. The carpet has been replaced with ET with mix of ET red which already spreading and creating a carpet. The advantage of this is that the ET grows in places where the HC never will. Therefore I am more happy with this kind of plant as its make one big thing.

Other then that nothing really change.

I will also bring some pictures on Saturday :)

Hi guys,

So as I promised ( a bit late ) I posting 2 quick pictures :)

High tech...

As I mentioned before nothing really change.... All moses has been trimmed hard as well as the right corner (Aromatica). Only new thing is the carpet of ET and ET red mix. I will post more pictures when all grow back again

ddc3b5ccf01a46c8d666a8c775e1f804.jpg

Low tech:

All good here and growing... Just the beach needs some clearing from sage but I did not have much time for it yet... Not much luck with the spider plant tho... Everything else growing so can not complain :)

3cb1268ef269e76cb988b940e80228bb.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

Back