• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie from Devon

tom mcguire

Seedling
Hello all.

Im completely new to aquascaping and planted tanks. Was told to join this forum as it would help me to get myself started. I currently have a 100l tropical setup, but i want to make it a planted set-up. I would appreciate any advice on where to start first, recommended products, plants etc. Have been told the basics ( i need good substrate, and CO2 and plants). I currently have very minute black gravel and 4 plants

Any help or pointers would be gratefully received :)

Hello Tom,

I'm new too and started my first tank two month ago. I would recommend using Akadama following James thread:
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/akadama-a-cheap-substrate.741/
It worked really well for me, it's quite cheap too and I think it looks good.

Conceening co2, I bought a co2 jbl kit from my local shop before reading tutorials on UKAPS and that was a big and expensive mistake... As Troi said, check out the tutorials, you'll find information on how to use fire extinguisher for your co2 for exemple... and check co2 art for there co2 regulators.

Let us know how you get on

Back