• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review External Turbo CO2 Reactor Diffuser

Yes, even on the inlet where I refused to put it but did, so don't waste your time cutting your hose and trying that.

well I've got an UP so no worries I wont be trying that. I read a thread where someone who had his on the inlet blew the canister head clean off!

Snigger.:). It was me , I put it down to the filter break down, and my miss use of the product. It was trial and error not the falure of the turbo. Just thought I'd clarify.

I still think its dangerous putting these UP or turbo in front of the canisters. Build up of co2 could be really dangerous as you found out and has been know to damage the spindles etc. Also way more hassle of them getting dirty quicker ;) I just put up with the bubbles lol

With the reactor,

I just say it's can handle only x amount of CO2 / sec. If you set it up too high the gass will build up and you will see bubbles coming out.
I think is still better then glass (nano) diffuser.
However I also think there are better ways of diffusion if you using pressured CO2 set up.

With the reactor,

I just say it's can handle only x amount of CO2 / sec. If you set it up too high the gass will build up and you will see bubbles coming out.
I think is still better then glass (nano) diffuser.
However I also think there are better ways of diffusion if you using pressured CO2 set up.

Hi Guys, I just wondered what was the latest thoughts on this thread. I am fed up of my UP Aqua In line diffuser, I have tried them all, it works fine for about a week, maybe two, I can see the dissolution of the Co2 coming out almost like fog or smoke its that fine, then after a week or two its back to fizzy pop bubbles again. I even bought the new model where you can unscrew the ends and clean or replace the ceramic tube, but even that is a pain the a$$. The plastic they used on the newer models wasn't Co2 proof and was cracking so I kept losing all my Co2!:mad:

I complained to UP Aqua and fair enough they sent me at great expense all the way from Taiwan a load of other diffusers to try out, the UP Inline Super Diffuser, sorry it was no better than any of the others. For the time being I have gone back to the glass lilly pipe in tank diffusers but still not happy with that either.

I am thinking of a TMC reactor and running it off a separate external eheim filter with no medium inside it, but I don't want to waste more money on a new filter and something that does not work.

Whats the goss at the moment on the best diffusion method?

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi mate,
The post you quote from me is my last decision about this product, I think that the reactor is very good item for DIY users and / or small tanks, however I do not think that the reactor is good enough for size of your tank as it can hold only X amount of CO2 to Y flow from your filter.
Yes Up aqua atomizers are pain, however (what I know) Intense does the atomizers as well with stronger plastic. Unfortunately you are not able to put those apart but still able to clean them.
To be honest I have had the best result with atomizers over standard diffusers.My atomizers are on inlet so no mist coming out, however some ppl had problem with this as you might already know. I also found that simple bleaching the ataomizer is best way to clean it. I have main for almoust 2 years and still useing it. However do not forgot to put it to vinegar to neutral the bleach after cleaning. If you want to risk it try the atomizer on Inlet but monitor your filter. Also the atomizer will get dirty quicker this way. I need to clean my atomizer at least once in 2 weeks this way.
Regarding the reactors unfortunately there is no "good" reaactor. Many of those reactors are internal and the few which are external are 12/16 and in most cases not perfom good enough for users with high CO2 injection. I tried the old type of the Ista reactor as well and this just same thing but bigger....
If you are capable of some DIY there are few good reactors in the DYI section here.
Also if you would like to give them try let me know I can sent it to you if you cover the postage and you can give it a try but as I said do not hink it willl be good enough for size of your tank.

Back