• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What other hobby's do you have?

Wow very well rounded members here.I was a serious nature photographer the digital technology put a stop to my Bussiness now it's a hobby when I have time.I also do photo shop creations and am a avid mountain biking.

Jordi, that is something I wish I could do, go out a differentciate between the safe to eat and the deadly ones. They look tasty. Bet a bacon and mushroom sandwich doesn't get turned down at your place.:)

Jordi, that is something I wish I could do, go out a differentciate between the safe to eat and the deadly ones. They look tasty. Bet a bacon and mushroom sandwich doesn't get turned down at your place.
It takes some time to get used to watch what you need to watch to tell one species from another, but not more than for birds, plants or fish. Never try to identify a mushroom by its odour, overal shape, colour or any other non-accurate character... this will bring you to the hospital :(
In the picture Boletus edulis (big ones), Lactarius deliciosus (orangish ones). They cannot be seen but there are also some Chroogomphus rutilus and Tricholoma terreum.

Jordi

Just had a look foxfish, shame.I'm surprised we can even talk about plant ferts on here,but it's been kept sensible.:)

Mushrooms !! The amount of times I've looked into growing these is uncountable, watched the videos on YouTube and put a cart together on a website and never manage to 'check out' haha.

Don't know what is it just very interesting to me, would love to grow and put a meal together with them. Have you grown before??

Mushrooms !! The amount of times I've looked into growing these is uncountable, watched the videos on YouTube and put a cart together on a website and never manage to 'check out' haha.

Don't know what is it just very interesting to me, would love to grow and put a meal together with them. Have you grown before??
I don't like to grow them... The detritivorous species (the only ones that can be grown) are edible but not the best ones IMO. I prefer to go to the forest, look for the really good ones (mostly mycorrhizaed to trees), pick up wild fruits, wood for setups....
Another problem of growing them at home is that you finish with 5or 6 kg of mushrooms in a period of 2 weeks,

Jordi

That's a lot of mushrooms jordi, you'd soon get sick of them in that quantity.

That is a fair bit of mushroom! Of course you would have to be careful with that amount.....otherwise....there...might not be mush-room on ye plate!!!

48f7031ef8eaef5733ed4217f8dd906d.jpg
13a3105ea0dd5acf80da268c2ded21f2.jpg
700b854850ac870f39fe569a58f97519.jpg
73b55e41c86f21c0b89fcf4c97eae1fb.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Cheers all, just finished cleaning it up,
2afec14e55087b3b76ba39535243b7f1.jpg
one last pic if I may.....

There are so many talented people on here! My hobbies are quite mundane (especially compared to building minion stoves!). I have a dog. I enjoy terrestrial gardening, and I love reading so much that I'm allowed to take 12 books out of the local libraries instead of just 6 :). I'm quite good at DIY (for a 4ft 8" woman!) and I used to do a lot of crafty stuff like card-making and cross-stitch. But that's been superseded at the moment by the planted tank thing...

Cheers all, just finished cleaning it up,
2afec14e55087b3b76ba39535243b7f1.jpg
one last pic if I may.....

How did I miss this Kirk? This is Amazing! You need to get marketing these things properly!

Ha Ha, Lindy there are many things I am useless at but I can make things with my hands.
However - I got married at 24 & divorced at 25, I have given up smoking 100 times, I cant give up alcohol, my spelling it terrible, I am overweight, I get algae on my plants, my singing is terrible, my dress sense old fashioned, I rarely speak my mind & my domestic duty's are scorned upon!

How did I miss this Kirk? This is Amazing! You need to get marketing these things properly!

Thankyou lindy. I've been making them 15 years now, first one I saw (stove from a gas bottle) was at my dad's friends house over 25 years ago.

Everyones on the band wagon now you only have to look on ebay:(.

Foxfish excellent job on those guitars. :)

Back