• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gourami Gloaming #4

A wee video of some of the young adult paros at feeding time. This tank is about to get emptied for moving so if anyone is wanting sexed pairs of paros now is the time to say as I will be catching and keeping in a holding tank while tank is moved and re set up. These are all home bred young adults not fully grown. There are alot in this tank so I don't mind selling some :)

Thanks greenfinger 2. My phone was struggling to focus, probably because the surface plants are over grown and it is very dark in there.

Great!! Camera turns towards two rocks as Maroon 5 say, suck on these lmao!

Joking aside silly me.

You have done a splendid job with the scape, looks very tranquil. :)

6a2a0d8113e95f174bf03972f35220d7.jpg

This has to be my favourite version of gourami gloaming so far. Started dosing ei and have better flow in the tank and my surface film is almost completely gone. Fish are happy 

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks Tim. There is a couch next to it now so i can sit and watch in comfort.

Paros...

Female
d90fd98c77b945b1716234144e23e943.jpg

Male
f63e5290de64a6ec00c9c6ef01b8f91a.jpg

They are not fully grown yet, the parents being a bit longer and much deeper bodied. Keep trying to get shots of the young males flaring but as soon as they see a camera it is over...

The betta Simplex have carried on breeding in this tank but thanks to the best efforts of all the gourami there are no surviving fry. I have even seen the chocolate gourami barge in between the simplex while they were in their breeding embrace. I wondered what the hell they were doing until the simplex broke apart and eggs went flying . .....feeding frenzy! Those choccos are smart cookies.

Clumps of my java fern are getting brown/grey spots which eventually join up until the whole leaf is a browny grey and mushy and the whole lot melts away. I have taken off the lily pipe to increase flow and think i may have to add co2 as well as BBA has been spreading on the wood too :( and i don't want to reduce light any further.

i've just read through this whole journal. what an excellent journey you have had. trials and joys. all a great learning experience.

i'd love to live a touch closer to colin dunlop to allow me access to his fish lists regularly. i've eyed up his betta lists many a times. i'm down in largs for the viking festival at the end of aug early sep(my partner is performing there) i may do a quick visit then. :)

Back