• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone going to the official opening of Fishkeeper Scotland Aberdeen tomorrow?

Wisey

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone is going along to the official opening of FishKeeper Scotland\Maidenhead Aquatics Aberdeen at Dobbies tomorrow? I know there are a few other folk in the Aberdeen area on here.

I have been popping in on the way home from work in Westhill and checking out what has been changing for the last few weeks, but I'm planning on heading out to take a look if there is anything new going on for the official opening tomorrow.

I'm in westhill late Monday and again later in the week visiting my parents house and tending the tanks I have there. Where is the new fishkeeper?

They have taken over the aquatics area in Dobbies on the Lang Stracht. Twice the size now, way more tropical as all the marine was moved to a new area. I'm just about to head out and see today.

It's worth a trip out there if you are in the Aberdeen area and want to buy fish, they are doing 20% off for the opening day. They are also doing plant deals, if you buy one of their bundles of 3 or 4 you get an extra plant free. The fish selection is so much better than it used to be. They have Ottos and Amano Shrimp in stock now, loads of different cichlids, both large and small, a huge selection of other fish, too many to go in to!

I think the deals are on tomorrow, but not sure it is worth driving all the way up from Glasgow unless you were planning on buying a lot of fish.

I just like an excuse to go to a fish shop. I'll look at the area and see if there's anything to do for the day.

having been to all the rest of the fishkeepers in scotland in the same group i'm predicting what it will be like before i get a chance to see. interesting to know they are taking over the dobbies thou. the coatbridge and edinburgh sites are terrible (woolen mills) the inverness one is much better in the garden centre. Dobbies were always ok for fish and plants so I wonder if they will just pass the fish on to maidenhead across all their sites?

I'm not sure, from what I heard they wanted to expand in both Dundee and Aberdeen but I think that is all that has been announced at the moment. It's a lot better than it was, I would say around double the number of tropical tanks with the marine moved in to a new area out the back. The plant tank is the same as it always was. Worth a look if you are in the area.

Back