• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

800 ltr

Fantastic, a proper job....If you ever decide to fill your tank with lead you have a stand (but not house...) to cope.

You need to wedge loads of those packers in, cut to correct length, to pass the load into your floor. When I levelled a washing machine wooden base I put contact adhesive on one side of the packers before wacking them in place using a bolster chisel. Gluing stops them wiggling out.

Not sure the middle two diagonals add any strength as the lower ends really needs to terminate in a post like the upper end. All they will do is interfere with your pipe work and storage areas.

Remember to waterproof/varnish when done as sometime in the future you WILL be getting it wet due to a DOH incident.

I'm thinking the 2 Middle diagnals I'm going to fix some 3/4inch ply to help

I'm buying 2 more acro for the basement.

I was also thinking of bolting it to the upper floor above the tank (kids bed room) I could run 2 steel bars fixed from left to right of the tanks frame' up through the ceiling and bolting it to the floor joist.

I'm really glad you're still working on this one. :cool:

A question regarding the stand: is the bit highlighted red here (directly next to the main support) used to stop the stand collapsing sideways?
ipMl166m.png

If so is there a reason why you didn't put a piece diagonally like so?
XD8sV4um.jpg

Thanks

Whats actualy under the wood carpet? If that is directly on the brik floor with no isolating soft underlayer. And the floor is crooked but you want to spread the waight on a crooked floor. Why not just first make a platform. Make a 4 inch high box on the floor as you already have, if you take all away what is standing up and what is in the middle on the floor, just make it a little wider all, so you have a platform at least in the same surface area as the tank. Then take a 1mm thik pond foil as inlay and protection for the carpet. Fill it up with 2 layers of reinforcing steel mat and pour in concrete, the last (½) inch concrete mixed thin enough so it will egalize and level by itself. :) So the weight is spread and put a 18mm plywood on that if you like.

If there is no soft isolation underlayer for the carpet,if that is the case you can forget about it without taking that out first. Maybe i missed something but i have the feeling thats the case. When you wrote the door is stuck a bit. Are you not just lifting the carpet up because of the weigth. In a way i can't imagine that the empty weight of that construction is bending a arched brik floor. :)

Hi ajm
They is nothing stopping me putting a cross section in were its high lighted in red but the wall plate that runs from left to right that the tank is sat on' is fixed into the stone work of the gable wall of the house. I have 10 fixing in that pice of timber fixed directly in to stone work ( not brick ) I have a lot of confidence in that one pice of timber. Not to sure of the rest lol, I think I'll ad a cross section to the front in the centre but I'm actually quite confident in this stand now. It's still just the floor that gives me butterfly's

45 ltr of environment aquarium soil. No were near enough!
I'm thinking of adding some kiln dry sand from b and q. Will this affect the P.H

That looks like a pretty sturdy brick vaulted ceiling either ways...and no, sand will not effect pH it's mostly inert silica...the most common mineral on our planet.

How fine is it? If it's really fine like play sand it'll make vaccing up detritus a bit of a pain as it gets sucked up so easily. Also would be a shame to lose that nice rich colour from what you have at the moment.

Put the sand under the substrate, that's what I have done. Originally I put sand on top of Fluval substrate, but after a couple of months the substrate worked its way to the surface so had to hike it all out and sieve it and put back other way round.

Hope you are not snookering the flow of your lovely FX6 in pushing flow through 22/16mm fixings. Area of FX6 pipe is 490sq mm and 22/16 Hydor is a lowly 200sq mm a 60% flow reduction. Your FX6 will not be happy having its flow reduced by so much.

Its says.." Important: Reducing capacity by more than half should be avoided for the following reasons: running noise may increase, the service life of the rotor may be shortened and the cooling required when the pump head is in operation is no longer reliably guaranteed."

Back