• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Wubi Casa Sooseeji

zozo

Few years back when my cats still were kittens and because they like to drink running water, i bought them a small drinking fountain. Nice ones are rare to find, so i ordered one custom hand made in a pottery. Now the cats are adult raskalls not realy bottering about their drinking fountain anymore, rather drinking from the tank, the pond outside or just a puddle of rain water. :)

So i was at a loss, what the hell am i going to find another purpase for that stupid thing. Also still had an old Chinese vase stand standing around not realy having a suitable purpose, because it's missing it's vase.

Thanks to Ukaps :) for giving me the ispiration do do something with it, something that suits other then it was made for. The wabi Kusa principle i came to think of lurking this forum.. And because you'll see in a few lines why i couldn't use a Substrate ball and had to make a substrate sausage and because it's actualy made as a fancy drinking fountain for pets i actualy do not know if i can call it Wabi Kusa.. So i baptised it "Wubi Casa Sooseeji" Yada Yada Yada...

This is Sooseeji as it started 2 weeks ago.. Just from some old stocking ;) i didn't use anymore, filled with akadama mixed with pummis and some firt clay ball ppieces.
2PXN4i5.jpg

And because it was doing so well i decided maybe bit early, to take it out of the bucket and put it in it''s place.
Still very tiny all and needs to grow in, but it seems to like it and all is growing well.
rfMr7BW.jpg

Top Shot.. Tiny indoor pond.. :)
wJ0F2nC.jpg

The Parrot feather standing proud and creating a somewhat bonsai flair. In the background there's some Rotala Indica.
vCN0rsr.jpg

Actualy a beatyful plant, for a setup like this.. Isn't it?
c3Ap3Lj.jpg

Whatever Rotala this is it likes it and making here sebmersed leaves willingly in 2 weeks.
ZRQ4vDJ.jpg

Here is some utricularia G. still laying flat, some Monte Carlo and a Mexicana Goias which still has some trouble but also a tiny new shoot. I guess it''s going to make it. those mexicans are not realy fond of growing emersed. As you can see a bit blurry the one bellow still submersed doing better.
pRFQt2t.jpg

On the other side just a handfull of life sphagnum and some whatever moss.. A Zosterfolia H., a Staurogyne repens, Utricularia Calicifida (gran Sabana) and HC. Actualy not that i'm surprised by it, but that little demanding HC realy is a little hardy basterd when it comes to emersed. It realy can take a beating on the surface it was the first one in there from submersed to emersed straight away in the open air all the time and doing best of all.
ynwqvmq.jpg

Further there is soem Salvinia, Duckweed and some Ricia..

I hope it didn't take it out to early and it will stay growing.. And i might be able to show you how it develops over the comming weeks. Could be i need to put Sooseeji back in the bucket.. :)

thanks again for the ispirations to create something from old silly stuff without a purpose just hanging around.

Last edited:
what an awesome little project. looking forward to this growing out :)

Back