• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi everyone

Adam78

Seedling
Hi all, new to the forum and fairly new to the hobby, thought I'd say hi.

I only have 1 tank, been up & running for about a year, it's very basic & inexpensive but I'm enjoying it.

Tank : L36" x W12" x H15" (100L)
Filter : Fluval U3
Light : Single 36" (30W) T8 (Arcadia Freshwater) on for 7 hours a day
Interpet LED Blue Moonlight Strip on in the evenings for a couple of hours.
Substrate : Tetra Plant complete capped with Unipac "Samoa" fine sand.

I dose 1.5ml of Profito a day for the plants, amazon sword, cryptocoryne wendtii, java fern narrow I also have some limnophila sessiliflora & pogostemon helferi which I was told would probably die, but they're doing ok I think.

At the moment I have 6 sterbai corydoras & 10 cardinal tetra in the tank.

Few pics of the tank.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Night time with the interpet blue moon LED
image.jpg

Anyway, this forum seems like a great source of knowledge so looking forward to having a good read.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome,

That is a really nice tank and a great example of how successful a simple low tech tank can be. Sterba's cories are by far my favourite corydoras and one of my favourite fish overall. The cardinals look amazing under the moon lighting.

Thanks guys, yeah I love those little cory's too :happy:

I got them from Pets at home, didn't know much about them but I felt sorry for them. They were just sitting on the bottom of a bare tank looking pretty miserable.

Within a week they were zooming around my tank, playing in the output from the filter and chasing each other.

They have real character & seem very aware when I'm about to feed them, they all come up to the glass and start doing this excited "wiggle dance" :woot:

Back