• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano RIP?

I had a few emails with the ADA staff this week and let me quote a few words from it.

We continue to work for expanding Nature Aquarium that Mr. Amano created over the world.
We believe this is the wish of Mr. Amano.

Amano San was like a teacher/mentor in Niigata. His passion, viewpoint, perfectionism was always there and those who he worked with did their job based on these guidelines.
I am sure they will do their best to keep up with the very high standard what the master left behind. Not just on commercial side, but in their publications, videos etc.

His spirit will be with us in the future too.

Was reading his first book again last night and that first book is just something else, if you love aquascaping you need to read it.

So was I, it's a true delight in terms of both admiring the scapes and reading his reflections and guidance alongside. A must have in my opinion as well.

Redsteveo, your story really touched me emotionally. It's nice to know that even know he's got an air of superiority about him when he commands his troops to battle (I mean his squad to build scapes), he does have a kind heart.

I saw the news last week and thought it was a hoax. So sad to hear it was real. I also noted his extreme weight loss, just like what happened to Jobs.

Here he is when he visited Malaysia in 2010.
20443350052_9f8e78e249_c.jpg20101128__DSC5613_994_1000 by flygja, on Flickr

The loss of Takashi Amano
takashi_amano.jpg

Dear Friends,

With our deepest sorrow, we announce that Takashi Amano, President & CEO of Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd., passed away on August 4, 2015. It was Amano’s wish that his funeral to be conducted by his close family members only.

As Amano had been fighting an illness for several years, he kept working on his creative activities.
In last February, he accomplished a great achievement of creating the world’s largest planted layout, the 40m Nature Aquarium in Oceanário de Lisboa in Portugal. After attending its opening ceremony in late April, he was concentrating on treatment while continuing to work. His last job was to work on his autobiographical photo collection, “ORIGIN OF CREATION” and to select his works for the photo exhibition, starting from September 5th, titled as same as the book.

Keeping Amano’s message in our mind that we should look at Nature and take interest in Nature, we sincerely hope that people around the world continue to enjoy Nature Aquarium.

We are planning a farewell ceremony that will take place soon.
Details will be announced later.

Aqua Design Amano Co., Ltd.

What a beautiful touching story..
heart.gif
Got me a bit emmotional reading all this.
Thank you too Steve and Sun Heaven, sharing all this with us. Stories like this is all about what makes life so beautiful..

Only love can save us.. And this forum is all about real LOVE.. THANKS AGAIN!!

I have just gone and found the books that Mr Amano sent to me with his personalised signature and chop inside them. I also found the back issues of the ADA Journal, every issue from 1994 to 1997. I have included some photographs from inside the front pages of the books he sent to me below. I have also included some of the photographs that I sent to him back in 1997 after I bought his first book.
Not bad for a beginner, way before we had UKAPS to help us.

The Treasured Books

altAlr4jasoaEaP3wbLQmXLial7HAhu84PoOok0Y31pgQKP_zpswbafngf3.jpg

altAugleQ-ijhaMfo-SmLIraOJ19t0U10yWULR-sAOqhcDD%201_zpsm0ogisxk.jpg

Takashi Amano's chop and signatures
altApHNAMtDXGChwMwmIq8z67yjcduhYLBlXIL5XMKW0MDl_zpsinbk48gu.jpg

altAuFvxtzUfPWPj8M8rFI3a7tcovtVZBTIR1mKV4RjhnZR_zpsou8grgmw.jpg

altAgkq9XDFMy6EfbMbdRTbFKzXh4wB0Dwd5frg0x8-9yQk_zpsypbilem6.jpg

My first planted tanks in 1997

altAov9aPwbNnO5CDd4kQVeb49fZ0x7XMK5TJszEQ787dJ9_zpsgisbm2cc.jpg

altAsqHHcpau-mwjxDjTDaIdKMcf_XJrZ2RWBGrDoQBjYH8_zps6qgziqjy.jpg

Domo arigato gozaimashita Takashi Amano Sensei.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow REDSTEVEO! I read Amano's daughter's blog post and remembered reading about this English man but couldn't remember where I read about it. So great to be personally touched by him in that way. The Online aquajournal also has some eulogies written by other people, its definitely worth a read.

You started planted tanks in 1997, I think that just about makes you the most experienced planted tanker here.

I am totally blown away, so emotional after reading that story, how on earth did you find that, I really don't know what to say. I never expected that twenty one years later I would see something written by Mr Amanos daughter about a young English man who helped her father get a dog from England.

I wonder if I tried to contact Sayuri Amano and tell her that I am that young Englisman who loved Mr Amanos Aquascapes so much, she would pleased to hear from me.

Thank you so much,

Very best regards,

Steve

Lovely and touching story. If you would like to contact with Sayuri i can help. I am sure she would be happy especially after this post that the english men is still there and you both remembering the same story around the sane time on the opposite side of the world. Let me know and i will share in pm. Thanks for sharing your version too. Life is amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic story Steve and those tanks from 1997 look great.

Thanks John S, I must admit sometimes we go so far to try and achieve what we do and technology has advanced so much we sometimes forget the basics. I achived that back in 1997 without half the stuff we have got to help us now.

Cheers,

Steve

Back